Brisbane Area Grain Bulk Buy. Jan 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like there's enough interest (easily) Sav.

I can tell you I am not the man for the job as far as computers go I am happy to be there to organise the bags and do the splits (if TP drives) his turn. So if anyone can do the payement bit and the computer bit I am glad to help.

Sav
2 BB ale
1/2 Munich

I can tell you I am not the man for the job as far as computers go I am happy to be there to organise the bags and do the splits (if TP drives) his turn. So if anyone can do the payement bit and the computer bit I am glad to help.

Sav
2 BB ale
1/2 Munich

So is this the list?? First BB for me. Oh well might as well add my name to it then, don't want to get missed.

Sav
2 BB ale
1/2 Munich
Argon
1 TF FM GP
1 Weyermann Bohemian Pilsner (Floor Malted)
1/2 Munich I

Sav
2 BB ale
1/2 Munich

Argon
1 TF FM GP
1 Weyermann Bohemian Pilsner (Floor Malted)
1/2 Munich I

Hockadays
1 BB Ale
1 marris otter ale
1 Weyermann Boh pils

I will do the spreadsheet and payment part. But will probably not be available on collection day.

Oh yeah and someone has to go halves in a bag of BB wheat with me.

So lets get this tidied up.

1. Sav = 2 BB ale, 1/2 Munich = 2.5
2. Argon = 1 x TF FM GP, 1 x Wey FM Bo Pils, 1/2 Munich 1= 2.5
3. Hockadays =1 BB Ale, 1x MO ale, 1 x Wey Bo Pils = 3
4. Bradsbrew = 1/2 BB Wheat = 0.5
5. Winkle
6. Wobblythongs
7. Parks
8. Snow
9.Ratchie
10.Roscoe
11. banora brewer
12. MattC
13. Frag Dog
14. abc
15. RdeVjun
16. Maheel
17. Jimbotla

Thanks Brad and Sav...

Sav = 2 BB ale, 1/2 Munich = 2.5
5. Winkle
6. Wobblythongs
7. Parks
8. Snow
9.Ratchie
10.Roscoe
11. banora brewer
12. MattC = 1 x BB Ale, 2 x Wey Bo Pils, 1 x TFFM Maris Otter
13. Frag Dog
14. abc
15. RdeVjun
16. Maheel
17. Jimbotla

Guys,

Grain prices have changed as of today - New prices are on the website. If someone had notified me the buy was happening we could have locked in before the rise.
UK prices unchanged - Europe up 3% - Australian up 17%

cheers Ross

letter from Cryer malts below:

Dear Brewers
The past year has been challenging and no doubt you have read of the problems of rising commodity prices. To offset this we in New Zealand have had a strong currency which has partly offset the effects of the rise in grain prices. This has been driven by the drought in Russia/Eastern Europe and the requirement to import Wheat to feed the Russian people. While on the other side of Europe there were floods which damaged their harvest. In the other major malted barley export markets there were problems as well. Canada had a very poor crop of barley which is now under threat due to very warm temperatures which will threaten germination and the barley maybe unmaltable. This may lead to a requirement to import, which is unheard of.
Australia like Europe had a tale of two halves, Western Australia remains gripped by drought and Eastern Australia has flooding. The best way to look at this is to clink on the link and see the rain levels on this http://www.weatherzone.com.au/climate/rece...ile&p=12mth . As you will see it is a very polarised situation of high levels of water in the East and lower than normal in the west. This has led to extremely high prices in the west and high prices in the east.
On top of this is demand from growing economies has added to pressure. We have had to press our manufacturers very hard to negate the endless rises. As a result of this we have held rises ex Europe to 3%, UK 0.5%, and Australia 17%.
Part of the rise has been due to oil prices being at record levels and fuel is required to produce power and make malt. It is also required to ship the product and transport to market so we have had many increases forced upon us.
Cryermalt continues to work to get you the very best quality it can source at the best prices we can negotiate. We look forward to working with you in 2011/12.

5. Winkle
6. Wobblythongs
7. Parks
8. Snow
9.Ratchie
10.Roscoe
11. banora brewer
13. Frag Dog
14. abc
15. RdeVjun
16. Maheel
17. Jimbotla
18. TidalPete = 1 x TF FM Maris Otter.

TP

5. Winkle
6. Wobblythongs
7. Parks
8. Snow
9.Ratchie
10.Roscoe
11. banora brewer
13. Frag Dog
14. abc = 1 x Bairds GP, 1 X TF FM Maris Otter
15. RdeVjun
16. Maheel
17. Jimbotla
18. TidalPete = 1 x TF FM Maris Otter.

Never been in on of these before. How does the payment work?

abc.

Never been in on of these before. How does the payment work?

abc.

Once we have filled a pallet (36 bags). I will post up the spreadsheet with everyones order and price. Everyone then sends me payment, once I recieve all payments i then send Ross the order and payment.

Cheers

Back