Brewology Brew Rig.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewologist

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've been reading about everybody's brew rigs (Matho, QLDKev, Trauman etc) and have been inspired by them all. So much so that for the last couple of months I have been acquiring all the bits and pieces to build my own brew rig. I'm hoping the end product will be something similar to the braumeister type builds on AHB but to start off with I'll be setting up the control box and doing electric recirculated BIAB brewing. When I have this system down I drop in the malt pipe and have a go at the full braumeister clone experience.

So today has been the first day in quite a while I've had free, so I've got out all the goodies I've been hoarding for the last couple of months (some of the brew gear I've had for a while doing BIAB) and started assembling the control box. I haven't got to far with the build yet, I'm just plotting out where everything should go so I don't stuff up my box.

Most of the gear I have purchased has been used in other AHB members builds. I don't think my brew rig will end up being an exact copy of someone else's work but I will definitely use elements of my favorite rigs from this forum.

Here is a pic of the gear.

I'll keep updating as the build progresses.

Cheers,

20130702_135701.jpg

Nice assortment of goodies you have there. Looking forward to seeing progress updates.

BTW...who's Trauman? :)

Truman said:
I thought it might have been 'Trauma man', so I Googled that. The results were quite disturbing.

Truman said:
Whoops!!! I was gonna check up on the spelling of your user name.

Sorry Truman :D

Nothing more to report on the build........

To busy drinking home brew this afternoon. I'll get cracking on it tomorrow.

Nice! Feeling the urge to do a recirc biab build.

Looking good so far. I like the isolation switch.

Apparently those alarms are very loud. I've just ordered some but might cover them to dull the noise a bit.

Looks good so far, looks like a lot of great bits of gear you have put together.

Hey Guys,

I had to delete my previous posts as they had an external link attached. I couldn't edit them.

I mounted the PID's, lights and switches. I managed to get everything lay'd out nice and square and even cut the holes to the right size.

Design drawn on the box. I used contact to draw the markings on and measure everything up.

Drawnup.jpg

Holes cut out.

Cutout.jpg

The finished product. (Well almost) I might start wiring this tonight.

control.jpg

Cheers,

I also got power running to some of the switches and both PID's before I ran out of connects.

Power.

Power.jpg

Getting closer and hopefully I'll have most of the wiring complete today.

Cheers,

Ok,

I got more wiring done today. She's almost ready to brew.

insidewiring.jpg

I just have to wait till the sparky hooks up the 25A outlet to plumb the circuit for the element.
The 10A circuit is working well. PID's and pump all light up.

I ran out of things to do today and got bored so I labelled the control panel too. Hopefully I can brew
with it soon. I still have a few bits and pieces to add to the controller. Next job is setting up the kettle with 5500w element.

Cheers,

Labelled.jpg

If you have only one element why do you need two PID controllers?

EDIT: oh and one more question, any ventilation for the SSR?

Hey Edak

I have a 12v computer fan and transformer in the post. I'll mount the fan in the front and it will blow directly onto the SSR. I may have to drill some holes in the back so the air has somewhere to go.

The mash PID is ramp/soak. The boil PID has manual mode. I researched and asked questions and didn't get much info except that the PID's with manual mode were better for the boil.

Maybe two PID's is overkill?

Latest posts

Back