BREWMAN News

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll hold off for now as I wasn't planning on brewing them for a few weeks anyway so might work out better if I wait for the next order. Thanks mate
Yeast on this Order?

2 x czech pils and 2 x 5335 lacto buchneri

if possible please steve, sorry for late reply. Understand if i missed out
Hi Huez,
Your yeast is on the order. I expect delivery late next week.

Cheers Steve

Belgian Clear Candi Syrup is back in stock.

Cheers Steve

This is seriously fresh, check the date on this pack.

Fresh Wyeast.jpg

How would you like me to put an order through steve? Just need some BBW as well
Just on the website. Your yeasts and BBW should be on the site. Add some ice too.

Cheers Steve

Calling for Wyeast Orders.
This is late notice, I want to place the order this weekend.

Let me know if you want anything special or just fresh off the plane.

Cheers Steve

Bump, for the Friday night forum residents.

WYeast order is happening

Finally put together the first Brewman Magic Box.

Thanks MHB for helping with assembly.

Thanks to the good people at Techni Ice for the great Ice Box.

The system is 6mm line all the way through to the Andale Brumby tap. Had the chiller plate (Single chiller plate), laying around for some time so too has the panel adapter / shank with snap lock fitting.

Magic Box 4.jpg

Magic Box 2.jpg

Belgian Blonde on tap while camping, now that is camping. Got it's first run camping over Easter. Worked a treat.

techni-ice as hands down the best eskis going, ex pro fisho speaking!
Yeah agree.

I looked all over the place for an Ice box to suit this set up. Camping places, auto parts shops, hardware stores, and then realised that my ice supplier might have one that suits. Yep, they did, and fits like a glove and I have to say top shelf in quality and value for money.

Wyeast Order going in tonight.

Here's the private collection.
5151-PC Brettanomyces claussenii

This wild yeast produces a mild “Brett” character with overtones of tropical fruit and pineapple. Typically used in conjunction with other yeast and lactic acid bacteria, it ferments best in wort with a reduced pH after primary fermentation has begun. It may form a pellicle in bottles or casks.

Medium FLOCCULATION

ATTENUATION
80 - 80 %

TEMPERATURE RANGE
60 - 75 °F

Alcohol Tolerance
12 %

3655-PC Belgian Schelde Ale

From the East Flanders - Antwerpen region of Belgium, this unique top-fermenting yeast produces complex, classic Belgian aromas and flavors that meld well with premium quality pale and crystal malts. Well-rounded and smooth textures are exhibited with a full bodied malty profile and mouthfeel.

Medium FLOCCULATION

ATTENUATION
73 - 77%

TEMPERATURE RANGE

62 - 74 °F

Alcohol Tolerance
11 %

3191-PC Berliner Weisse Blend

This blend includes a German ale strain with low ester formation and a dry, crisp finish. The Lactobacillus included produces moderate levels of acidity. The unique Brettanomyces strain imparts a critical earthy characteristic that is indicative of a true Berliner Weisse. When this blend is used, expect a slow start to fermentation as the yeast and bacteria in the blend is balanced to allow proper acid production. It generally requires 3-6 months of aging to fully develop flavor characteristics. Use this blend with worts containing extremely low hopping rates.

Low FLOCCULATION

ATTENUATION
73 - 77%

TEMPERATURE RANGE
68 - 72 °F

Alcohol Tolerance
6%

Hi Tim,
Yes here they are:

This wild yeast produces a mild “Brett” character with overtones of tropical fruit and pineapple. Typically used in conjunction with other yeast and lactic acid bacteria, it ferments best in wort with a reduced pH after primary fermentation has begun. It may form a pellicle in bottles or casks

From the East Flanders - Antwerpen region of Belgium, this unique top-fermenting yeast produces complex, classic Belgian aromas and flavors that meld well with premium quality pale and crystal malts. Well-rounded and smooth textures are exhibited with a full bodied malty profile and mouthfeel.

This blend includes a German ale strain with low ester formation and a dry, crisp finish. The Lactobacillus included produces moderate levels of acidity. The unique Brettanomyces strain imparts a critical earthy characteristic that is indicative of a true Berliner Weisse. When this blend is used, expect a slow start to fermentation as the yeast and bacteria in the blend is balanced to allow proper acid production. It generally requires 3-6 months of aging to fully develop flavor characteristics. Use this blend with worts containing extremely low hopping rates.

Will be placing an order in the next two weeks.

Cheers Steve

Calling for Wyeast orders. I am aiming for this weekend to place the order.

Here's the Private collection.

This wild yeast produces a mild “Brett” character with overtones of tropical fruit and pineapple. Typically used in conjunction with other yeast and lactic acid bacteria, it ferments best in wort with a reduced pH after primary fermentation has begun. It may form a pellicle in bottles or casks

Latest posts

Back