Brewing with pure lupulin?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philistine

Reaction score
Hey so after dealing with this years harvest, ive got about a heaped tablespoon of pure lupulin.

I wanna put it into a brew as a dry-hop addition.
Has anyone done it before? Im sure they have, so i guess I actually should ask- was it good?
Is a heaped tablespoon enough to use on its own and actually taste it?

FB63F9B8-2A45-499C-9EF5-0E69E6DEDD23.jpg

Given that its pretty much pure oil/resin im also wondering if it wpuld be better used in the boil or as a whirlpool addition......
Spewing coz i had around 3-4 times that amount but it ended up on the floor and ground...

I nearly bought some the other day, I was planning on a dry hop and was unsure so I went with the pellets

Is that the same thing though?
Im only now just consulting the google....
The stuff i have is just raw and fell out of the flowers. Sounds like the stuff that can be bought is extracted somehow....?
Maybe im wrong- still googling

I'd read the reviews of Cryo-hops before using. It's recommended to use the lupulin heavy product during whirlpool or dry hop and not in the boil.

I nearly bought some the other day, I was planning on a dry hop and was unsure so I went with the pellets
where were you gonna get it form. I keen to give it a go after trying my first all lupulin beer recently but I haven't found any in Oz

Got mine from Brewman still not tried it yet will be making something with it soon, don't make a lot of the AIPA's but still keen to try it. Could have been a one off deal but if there is any interest maybe Steve will do another run of it.
Looks like philistine is about to snort what he has got, 2 lines.:)

Latest posts

Back