Brewing With Citrus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vykuza

Reaction score
A few years back, the Mrs and I were minding our own business in Brussells (read: getting our hands on as many tasty beers as possible) and we wandered into the Delerium Cafe.

Amid the 2000 beers (yep! TWO THOUSAND) they had available, the Mrs picked out one they had on tap from Brasserie de Silly called Pink Killer. Pink Killer is a pink grapefruit flavoured beer that was surprisingly.. well.. delicious! Pink Killer, from the Brasserie de Silly's website looks like a nice Belgian Wit with pink grapefruit juice and orange peel additions seen here: Brasserie de Silly. From the ingredients they list "flavourings", which raises my hackles a little.

Now, from the Mrs request, I'm looking at making something similar, or a clone. Can I include the grapefruit juice and get a nice pink grapefruit flavour? Do I put it in the boil, or during the ferment? Won't it just turn in to a acidic mess? Do I really need "flavourings" to get it to work right?

Added bonus: Pics from the Delerium Cafe - my idea of heaven.
100_0642.JPG

Yes, they are telling the truth.
100_0653.JPG

The Pink Killer in question.
100_0654.JPG

Some of the aged beers.
100_0655.JPG

The beer menu.
100_0657.JPG

Nick R's sign of approval.

ahhh delirium cafe just down from jeanette de piske. we had a ball over there enjoy your self

Thanks barls, we did :)

Anyone have any thoughts on adding grapefruit juice to a Belgian wit?

Latest posts

Back