Brewing Ups And Downs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyjack

Reaction score
I have brewed off and on over the last 10 years and have brewed some bad beers, some ok beers and some great beers. All of them I have thought of as my own kids and tried to make the best of all if any shortcomings. Occasionally comes along an earth shattering beer that brings a tear to my eye as it is so unbelievably good. My recent creation is a Belgian Wit that I stuffed up. I had my sparge water calculations all jacked up and ended up with a very thin diluted wort. I added some soft amber Belgian candy sugar go bring the gravity up and some crystalized ginger. I have to tell you this is one of the best Wits I have ever had!

I have brewed off and on over the last 10 years and have brewed some bad beers, some ok beers and some great beers. All of them I have thought of as my own kids and tried to make the best of all if any shortcomings. Occasionally comes along an earth shattering beer that brings a tear to my eye as it is so unbelievably good. My recent creation is a Belgian Wit that I stuffed up. I had my sparge water calculations all jacked up and ended up with a very thin diluted wort. I added some soft amber Belgian candy sugar go bring the gravity up and some crystalized ginger. I have to tell you this is one of the best Wits I have ever had!

care to share the recipe?? I'm quite partial to the odd Wit myself :icon_cheers:

I too think of my beers as being like my children...except my beers have better heads!

Had you not "fixed" it, you could have called it the DimWit...(boom tish - audience groans..)

I promise to share when sober from said recipe and stop listening to Willie Nellson ATM. Moma don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys!

Jimbo

Having a good beer - awesome

Knowing you made it yourself - makes everyone all warm and fuzzy

Yes, now listening to pink Floyd on the run and amazed that Wit is such a session. I love winter sitting in front of my chiminea listening to Floyd and drinking the best beer I have ever drunk.

Yes, now listening to pink Floyd on the run and amazed that Wit is such a session. I love winter sitting in front of my chiminea listening to Floyd and drinking the best beer I have ever drunk.

I'd love to see the recipe too. And mate, you sound totally in the 'zone' :)

Latest posts

Back