• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Brewing Software

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Wasabi

Reaction score
Guys,

What brewing software do you all use?

I tried out a whole heap until I settled on BrewLog, created by a mob in Western Oz. Although I'm a registerd owner, the comapny seems to have vanished, The web sit is still there, but there have been no updates for several years.

It's good, but I figure by now there must be something better out. I've heard Brewers Workshop or Suds are quite good.

Can anyone recommend anything? What do you all use?

Wasabi

RegBadgery

Reaction score
I haven't used it but have read good reports on promash

www.promash.com

cheers
reg

oohay1ian

Reaction score
Good morning Reg .........I just downloaded Promash and like what I see , looks easy to use .........? I hope a scientific responce to brewing for an old addled brain ! The water program will assist me in a big way .
I liked the site you ref. to "St. Pats", made some enquires re the soda kegs for 20 US bucks , asked them to quote me for a pallet shipment , I await their reply .
One thing re the promash site that got up my nose is that I could'nt find out how many dollars ..? but I guess I'll get to find out !
Cheers

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Promash is US$25, from this page.

I picked up the latest issue of Zymurgy while up in the US this week. They have done a review of Recipe Formulation Software (as they put it).
When I've read the article I'll post back.

Cheers,
Doc

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Just received notification this morning that there is a new version of Promash (1.8a)
It also now includes grain information for Australian Munich, Pilsener and Pale (2-row) malts.

Cheers,
Doc

fergiej

Reaction score
I just wanted a simple program for logging my brews, I couldn't find one so made my own database.

I then came across this great program and best of all its free. Brewlog

If you are looking for a program to log your brews I would give it a try.

PMyers

Reaction score
I have been using my own database I wrote in MS Access for quite a while now. It isn't really of any use to a mash brewer, but is excellent for kit and extract brewers. Originally I was going to convert it to VB and release it as shareware, but the time it would take a VB illiterate like myself to do that to an acceptable public standard has crushed the idea. It still works fine in MS Access and perhaps when I add the last finishing touches I will post it here for you all to use.

Cheers,
Pete

:chug:

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Been using the new (1.8a) version of ProMash for a week now, and the nicest function is the ability to export your recipes in HTML format.
This makes it really easy to put you recipe files on a web server. You can also create your own theme for the colours of the export.
If you are brewing all grain I highly recommend the new version of ProMash.

Cheers,
Doc

Latest posts