Brewing scales

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarsideOfCrazy

Reaction score
Thanks to fly buys for my new brewing scales. The larger platform does up to 10kgs, 1gram res, and the smaller one 200g with a .1g res.

There's no way I'd spend the asking price for them, around the $100 mark, but when my wife showed me how many points we've accrued over the years it was good to get something that I can use, she can borrow them once in a while.

Attachments

• 15332054202224921528909551269438.jpg
    15332054202224921528909551269438.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 170
Those are cool. I just recently got a small 500g scales for measuring out mineral salts and hop additions. It measures to .01g and is a lot easier than using the bigger scales that I use for grain. I like that two in one set up though.

Does anyone use this for larger items?

The grain buckets blocks the display. And I could use this to weight out my kegs too. Quite handy being pocket size too.

For more accurate measurements I use the drug dealers scales.

s-l400.jpg

Yup that's what they're used for (luggage)

It's down to how accurate they are. A ball park is good enough for taking stock of how much grain is left for example (I have those blue industrial barrels with the handles) but would be an issue if it jumps wildly after a certain range if you need better readings for say a typical batch.

For approximately $7, I'll give it a go.

Yeah, for salt additions a .01g reading would be better. If I need something like that they're pretty cheap on ebay.

Are there any other scales you guys recommend? Mine went screwy causing me to add about 10g more bittering hops than i should have to a recipe recently... only noticed when i put the empty container back on the scale and it wasnt zeroed! :mad:

Depends what you're after Dorz, if it's for small amounts to be weighed, like hips or salts, look up jewellery scales on ebay. You can get up to 200g or 500g with .01g resolution for $10-15.

Latest posts

Back