Brewing "myth-busting"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not try a different type of hop in each kit to get your own preferances for hops sorted.This is gonna make every brew you make afterwards what you want rather than trial and error.- Only wish I had more fermenters when I started playing with hops! Dont boil the kit- only the dry ( or extract) ingrediants- add your hops to those-Will probably only need a boil of 30-40 mins max, as kit will supply the bitterness aspect of finished product. Would love to hear what 5 diff hops do to the same kit-or do a 2 fermenters with a couple of hop combos and the rest as single hop brews. I for one would use a premium or recultured yeast fo all of them rather than some kit and some premiums-That question of which is better no longer needs answering. Good luck

How many times can you reuse yeast would be a good one. So compare a 1st gen vs 5th gen vs 10th gen. Of course thatsgoing to take a while to build up to.

I may end up doing something similar as well, Im hoping to get a setup going that allows me to ferment 3 half batches at once. I would like to try the temp one as well 18 vs 22 vs 24 but my 3 will all be in the same fridge. I guess I could no chill them and do 3 over a period of weeks, but then they are not really side by side.

Latest posts

Back