Brewing Course

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard_M

Reaction score
Hi all brewers,

Anyone wanting to do a short course on full grain brewing and with little time can do so at NMIT TAFE. Just click on the link below for enrollment information. Please feel free to spread the word. Class sizes are limited so it is advisable to get in early.

http://www.nmit.vic.edu.au/shortcourses/wi...production.html

Best Regards,
Vincent Costanzo
Costanzo Brewing Consultants,
Mob. 0408 104 176
Email: [email protected]

Hi all brewers,

Anyone wanting to do a short course on full grain brewing and with little time can do so at NMIT TAFE. Just click on the link below for enrollment information. Please feel free to spread the word. Class sizes are limited so it is advisable to get in early.

http://www.nmit.vic.edu.au/shortcourses/wi...production.html

Best Regards,
Vincent Costanzo
Costanzo Brewing Consultants,
Mob. 0408 104 176
Email: [email protected]
What a great idea and only $4.50 per hour.This is a must for your locals.Who's the Guru doing the presentation?
Wish I could come.How about a DVD of the course.
Gb

does anyone know anyone in NSW or via correspondance that does a brewing course?

Is this designed/aimed at homebrewing or probrewing.

Send them an email & I am sure you will get an answer.

At a guess the "guru" would be Vince Costanzo ex-CUB, Stockade etc, now a "Brewery Consultant"

WWWH - Go spend a Sunday with Pat up at Faulconbridge, you will learn something, more than likely brewing related.

Cheers
Gerard

Is this "vinthebrewer" of beeradvocate and william bull fame?

Is this "vinthebrewer" of beeradvocate and william bull fame?

Nah, not him.

Vince is a very experienced brewer and a nice bloke as well.
He came up and did the comissioning run on our DE filter.... I learnt a lot from him in that short time and would encourage people to do his course.
At that price it's exceptional value.

Vince will you be discussing techniques for use on commercial equipment or the setups we homebrewers use?

Is this a course mainly directed at micro-brewery wannabes with dreams of running a brewery or a practical home-brewing course?

Many thanks, am interested (am currently a newbie going into All-grain and need all the help I can get) but wanted to clarify as you hadn't answered the question raised by the earlier poster on this page.

Hopper.

Vince will you be discussing techniques for use on commercial equipment or the setups we homebrewers use?

Is this a course mainly directed at micro-brewery wannabes with dreams of running a brewery or a practical home-brewing course?
Hopper.

the .pdf says the course is designed for home brewers, but suits those looking at getting into micro brewing. so sounds like they cover both ends of the spectrum.
joe

the .pdf says the course is designed for home brewers, but suits those looking at getting into micro brewing. so sounds like they cover both ends of the spectrum.
joe
Yep caught that bit and read the pdf joe, but the mixture of who it's suitable for makes it sound like the course is directed at homebrewers upscaling to microbreweries (commercial operations). Was checking if this is the case or not. I'm a homebrewer who's happy to keep homebrewing, so the course may not be appropriate for me.

Cheers for the help,

Hopper.

Many thanks, am interested (am currently a newbie going into All-grain and need all the help I can get) but wanted to clarify as you hadn't answered the question raised by the earlier poster on this page.

Hopper.
The course is aimed at full grain home brewers. There will be a small brewing module which will be used to demonstrate making good quality botique beer. There are also comprehensive brewing theory classes and tastings education. Although a short course the elements of the course can also be applied to budding or existing microbrewers. Lets face it, we can always improve our knowledge of brewing and put it into practice. I have had 20 years experience in the brewing game so I think you will get something out of it. If you have further questions you can call me on 0408104176. Vincent.

does anyone know anyone in NSW or via correspondance that does a brewing course?

If there is enough interest interstate we may be able to hold a one week intensive course on campus at NMIT at Epping, Victoria. Please dierect enquiries to NMIT Main office number: (03) 9269 1042. Ask for Christina Cairns.

Does anyone know of such a class operating in the sydney area?

I don't know but NMIT in Melbourne is considering running another similar course in October this year. Any potential interest should be directed to Chris Cairns at NMIT, ph (03) 9269-1086. If anyone has any specific queries regarding brewing they can contact me by Email.

I would be keen on one in sydney too. Any chance they might relocate for a course if there was enough interest?

This is the more beer brew rig used for the the first full day practical last Saturday at NMIT.

NMIT.jpg

Even though I've been AGing for a few years I'm still finding the course as a useful refresher course. It's also good to here it from someone who has industry background rather than just the internetz.

Halfway through this course so far and would have to say that it's excellent value. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to make the step to AG but also provides plenty of info for the experienced AGers as well.

NMIT has a pretty impressive large scale wine making set up going on so it begs the question that as the popularity of brewing grows then there maybe potential down the track for them to upgrade the facilities for brewing as well. I for one hope it does!

I would be keen on one in sydney too. Any chance they might relocate for a course if there was enough interest?

I would like to get expression of interest for a Sydney based course and then I would have to see if any institute or venue would take up the course. Also,for me to go to Sydney it would make sense to concentrate the course in several pockets of full days. But of course the students would have to be able to be available for these days. I would be interested to have feedback if it would be better to hold the course on weekends. The course lasts for 40 hours which equates to 5 full days.

Vincent Costanzo
course lecturer

Latest posts

Back