Brewhouse Updates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmm... growler... gallon of good draught beer for the home fridge! Good idea Brewhouse! Can't wait 'til the Archive gets their growlers in.

bacchus belgian pale ale has replaced the hef. really nice, i'll have another

Dropped in on with my wife last night for the 1st time....glad I did.
Tried the Pale Ale, Amber Ale and the Pils. All equally impressive.
They do 4 pack takeaways for $11 or 2 for $20.
I went to try their Stout but the barman said that the tap had run out and would be replaced with a Black IPA :icon_drool2:

Got in last night and was lucky enough to try the Belgian Wit and the India Black Ale.

That black IPA is wonderfully balanced with an amazing hoppy aroma. Definitely a beer I could drink all the time.

had a few pints of it last friday when it rolled in. very delicious.
did you see what the ABV% is?

Hi Everyone,

The ABV is only 5.7%. I did not want to start with something too over the top. Instead, I started with the lower end of things. We'll see how things go and keep on tweaking it until it is perfect. Personally, I agree with Will88 that it is a beer you could have a few pints of. Thanks for the feed back and keep it coming!

Johann

Malt- Ale, Wheat, Munich, Crystal Medium, Victory, Carafa II
Hops- Tomahawk, Simcoe, Willamette, Motueka, Cascade, Galaxy (might be another, cant remember now)
Yeast- Wyeast 1056

Hi Everyone,

The ABV is only 5.7%. I did not want to start with something too over the top. Instead, I started with the lower end of things. We'll see how things go and keep on tweaking it until it is perfect. Personally, I agree with Will88 that it is a beer you could have a few pints of. Thanks for the feed back and keep it coming!

Johann

Dropped in this arvo after the cricket. I had the Black IPA and Paxx the Amber. We both said "Nice beer!" so we had another.
Onya Johann.
Daz

Anyone know if it's still on? Might have to venture southside for a steak this evening.

I'd take the risk Winkle, the reward would be worth it! Yummmmmm

I hope there is some left, as I'll be going there tomorrow for a session.

Just had dinner there tonight... Black IPA is still there and tasting beautiful.

Black IPA had to hit in the weeks I had to go to Seattle. Hope there is still some left....

The black IPA was pretty good when we were there last week but I prefered the Amber, didn't expect to but there you go.
Looks like a roof is going in over the beer garden, so things are happening.

Anyone tasted the golden ale mid strength yet?
I haven't strayed from the black and amber since they've been on.

Hi there,

The amber will be running out shortly. In its place will be a Scottish ale done with a small amount of peat malt. It will hopefully be ready in about 2 weeks time. I hope it's going to turn out well. It tasted pretty good during fermentation...chocolate with scotch filling.

Cheers
Johann

Latest posts

Back