Brewhouse Updates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Called in today and asked a few questions. Got some strange looks like I was some sort of weirdo for asking whenizt and owmuchizt? Oh well, no weirder than the derros on the other side of the bar at that time.

Yes, Johan is def the new brewer
Told if the Midnight stout is ready, (conditioned) which they think should be for the weekend, it'll be on tap, otherwise the rabbit will still be on tap.

No specials on meals Saturdays
Sunday roast $16 includes dessert,1 pot and $2 pub money (what ever that is)
Mon to Thurs 11.30 -2pm 300gm steak $15. Not sure now what went with that perhaps a pot.

Seems to me best bet on the weekend is just go for the beer. :icon_cheers:
Daz

Must do a lost Saturday soon Daz - bus to the Gabba then up to the German club, big feed with plenty of beers, wander down hill to the Brewhouse, complete the job then stagger back on a bus :icon_cheers: .

Must do a lost Saturday soon Daz - bus to the Gabba then up to the German club, big feed with plenty of beers, wander down hill to the Brewhouse, complete the job then stagger back on a bus :icon_cheers: .

Do you know I've been working in that area for three years and gone past on week ends and I've never, ever seen the German Club open. I will get there one day.
Daz

Bribie, if I was you I'd stand next to Lyall Cottam all night at the PUBs meetings, he knocks out a faily good pils.

:icon_cheers:

Paul

I've been picking his brains for months now :ph34r:

Daz if the staff were under the age of 30 then your reception was quite understandable. As a pom I always get that from young people when they hear my accent and panic. The reason is that they are very uncomfortable dealing with anyone outside their immediate peer group, because unlike older generations they have never been anywhere or met anyone different to their cohort due to Facebook, texting etc etc. Why buy an old Holden and tear off to Adelaide, like we would do, for a look around when you can just Street View it? Anyway Australia is the same all over now, just endless wastelands of Bunnings, Woolies, BP Service Stations. Apart from the Simpson Desert and maybe Port Douglas you could be anywhere, so you can't blame them. You don't get this at all in Europe or even the USA where people are not just little one size fits all robots. No wonder the poor little tykes go out and get feral at weekends, it lightens the otherwise boring regimentation of their lives nowadays.

kumbaya

end rant. B)

Do you know I've been working in that area for three years and gone past on week ends and I've never, ever seen the German Club open. I will get there one day.
Daz

Ask and you shall receive...
Baaa (oops, what a giveaway) Bar hours-

TUESDAY TO SATURDAY 12NOON TO LATE;
2ND SUNDAY OF MONTH (FRUEHSCHOPPEN) 11.30AM TO 5PM

Daz if the staff were under the age of 30 then your reception was quite understandable. As a pom I always get that from young people when they hear my accent and panic. The reason is that they are very uncomfortable dealing with anyone outside their immediate peer group, because unlike older generations they have never been anywhere or met anyone different to their cohort due to Facebook, texting etc etc. Why buy an old Holden and tear off to Adelaide, like we would do, for a look around when you can just Street View it? Anyway Australia is the same all over now, just endless wastelands of Bunnings, Woolies, BP Service Stations. Apart from the Simpson Desert and maybe Port Douglas you could be anywhere, so you can't blame them. You don't get this at all in Europe or even the USA where people are not just little one size fits all robots. No wonder the poor little tykes go out and get feral at weekends, it lightens the otherwise boring regimentation of their lives nowadays.

kumbaya

end rant. B)

Haha... as a member of said generation I can't help but agree on your somewhat cynical analysis of my peers. Not all of us are a lost cause though :p

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the interest on whats happening at the Brewhouse. Me and Grant has been hard at work updating equipment (lucky for me he's paying for it!) and recipes.A new Midnight Stout whent on tap tonight. The previous Midnight Stout was a Foreign Extra Stout where this one is more towards an American Stout with lots of Cascade and a touch of something special. Definately a good winter warmer. Hope you all enjoy (feedback always welcome)!

kumbaya

end rant. B)

We aren't all like that Bribie. I go to a pommy pub so i can chat to people from around the globe. It is interesting to learn about other people cultures. I spose i'm just about 25, maybe i don't fit that catergory. Actually i don't think i fit any catergory. :icon_cheers:

Edit: Just read there is another one of us abnormal one's out there. But as Will mentions you are on the dot with most of our age group. A lot of our new workers coming through are just like this. And a lot of my old friends still have these traits, trying to work the around.

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the interest on whats happening at the Brewhouse. Me and Grant has been hard at work updating equipment (lucky for me he's paying for it!) and recipes.A new Midnight Stout whent on tap tonight. The previous Midnight Stout was a Foreign Extra Stout where this one is more towards an American Stout with lots of Cascade and a touch of something special. Definately a good winter warmer. Hope you all enjoy (feedback always welcome)!

Sounds yummy Johann! Let us know when it's on tap! :beerbang:

awesome. might pop in tomorrow to give it a go

Sounds yummy Johann! Let us know when it's on tap! :beerbang:
Hi Everyone

Johan,

thanks for the update. Looking forward to trying the new stout, as the old one was getting a bit "tired", IMO.

:icon_offtopic: Bribie, I suspect you are often slightly pessimistic about youth, globalisation and modern Australian culture on purpose, but even still I reckon most of your comments above were gross generalisations. Having travelled over most of Australia in the last 10 years, I can attest that it still has wonderful variety. I know plenty of people under 30 and under 20 who are well travelled and are happy to have an intelligent, meaningful conversation with someone of the older generations. Re Europe and USA, I think your comments are a little out of date. I have been to many cities and towns in Europe that are like cookie-cutter versions of eachother, just with a different accent or beer brand. Particularly in the big cities which, apart from the occasional monument or iconic building, have the same apartment stores, take-away restaurants, movie theatres, etc. Similarly in the US. Not saying this is the general rule, just that countries outside of Australia are not immune to globalisation (or facebook ;) )

Cheers - Snow.

Well that settles where I'm going for lunch tomorrow. Thanks mate.

Jay

stopped by for lunch today & had a pint of the new stout.
two thumbs up, wish I wasn't driving.

New stout is pretty good... not that I didn't mind the old.
I do miss the Schwarz though...

as a bit of shameless self promotion, our first batch of hefe-weizen is available as of last night!

Tasting very fruity, banana, pear and bubblegum, nice tart grainyness and a spicy hint of cloves.

Roggenbock wont be too far off.
New Bitter is on tap
New Honey wheat is on tap
New lager will be on within the next few days!
New Schwarzbier will be in about 2 weeks
brewing a new pale ale and scottish ale next week
phew, I've been busy!:p

When are you getting some growlers so it can take some of that great brew home?

Dude that was 3 years ago... it's all gone! :p

But seriously, growlers are a great idea.

- Snow

Back