Brewhouse Updates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know when the next small batch of beer will be done. There is very limited tank space at the moment. When I get ahead sometime, I would like to do a Dunkel Weiss and Amber ale.
Cheers
Mmm.... the Dunkel Weiss sounds good. I do miss the Schwarzbeir ...

Well you will be pleased to know that the schwarzbeir is back, I had it last weekend, very tasty

Currently sipping on a dunkelwiezen, very tasty ss it warms up. I love having this place as my local. 11 taps of craft beer and a well stocked fridge, and not a hipster in sight. I'm eyeing off the schlenkerla rauchwiezen.

This place has improved at a great rate of knots over recent months.
Pushing their brand more - Scottish Ale, Stout & IPA are nice beers.
Wider selection in the fridge that are cheap as roadies for the way home.
Hoping they do more small batches that veer away from gateway beers.

Just got back from lunch at the Brewhouse. Amazing selection of beers with the QLD tap takeover. I tried the American Stout and had to resist rubbing it all over my body.......

What a great venue. I love the fact that you can get quality craft beer and great food and still wear a wife beater and steel caps at the bar.

thinking of heading there tonight to watch State of Origin. Craft beer and footy - does it get any better?

Cheers - Snow.

I just booked into the QLD beer week lunch session for saturday & saw the menu, looks the goods! and only 40 quid.

Liam_snorkel said:
I just booked into the QLD beer week lunch session for saturday & saw the menu, looks the goods! and only 40 quid.
Was the menu online mate?

copied from facebook:

QBW Brewer’s Luncheon

1st course - Ploughman’s with spicy chorizo, vintage cheddar and curried apple chutney (matched with RAILROAD IPA – India Pale Ale (6.2% ABV))

2nd course - Pan seared macadamia crusted crocodile with a mango dressed lemon myrtle fettuccini salad (matched with SUNSHINE™ - Honey Wheat (5.0% ABV))

3rd course - Tempura whiting and hand cut chips (matched with THE AUTUMN LEAVES – Dunkel Weizen (5.8%ABV))

4th course - Stout marinated kangaroo fillet with a native pepper crust with sweet potato and cinnamon butter (matched with UP YER KILT – Scottish Ale (5.0% ABV))

5th course - Triple chocolate and raspberry lamington (matched with LORD LAMINGTON & LADY JAM DROP ALES)

-Saturday 2pm-4pm
-Sunday 2pm-4pm
-Tickets are $39pp, go throughwww.queenslandbeerweek.com.au to book, or call Brewhouse on 07 3891 1011

Liam_snorkel said:
copied from facebook:

QBW Brewer’s Luncheon

1st course - Ploughman’s with spicy chorizo, vintage cheddar and curried apple chutney (matched with RAILROAD IPA – India Pale Ale (6.2% ABV))

2nd course - Pan seared macadamia crusted crocodile with a mango dressed lemon myrtle fettuccini salad (matched with SUNSHINE™ - Honey Wheat (5.0% ABV))

3rd course - Tempura whiting and hand cut chips (matched with THE AUTUMN LEAVES – Dunkel Weizen (5.8%ABV))

4th course - Stout marinated kangaroo fillet with a native pepper crust with sweet potato and cinnamon butter (matched with UP YER KILT – Scottish Ale (5.0% ABV))

5th course - Triple chocolate and raspberry lamington (matched with LORD LAMINGTON & LADY JAM DROP ALES)

-Saturday 2pm-4pm
-Sunday 2pm-4pm
-Tickets are $39pp, go throughwww.queenslandbeerweek.com.au to book, or call Brewhouse on 07 3891 1011
Cheers Liam, looks good.

See you guys there, I've had a shed load of work to do this week - so Saturday might be a big one :party:

Good wasn't it

So good. Just popped in for a tipple on the way home - they had that lamington small batch on tap which was served with dessert.

Also: they are doing growlers now. $15 for their beers more for others. Haven't got their own growlers in yet but if you bring one they will fill it.

More to the point: the bloke also mentioned they are looking at doing homebrew competitions soon and the winner gets a 50 litre batch on tap.

If anyone's around, I'm heading in after 5 this arvo for a few beers. Anyone know what they've got on at the moment?

I haven't been in for a couple of weeks but at the time they had their IPA, stout and dunkelwiezen + the regular ones. also a few guest beers including JS hop thief

just saw on facebook they have tapped a Pride of Ringwood JW Pils SMaSH double IPA. 7.5% 80IBU. hmmm

Cluster next? Actually POR can be good if its fresh & handled correctly - I've had it in a HB single hop Pale Ale a while back and that was surprisingly good (may have even been one of Sims' beers) :blink:

I made some kind of APA with it and Munich once it was good, kind of spicy

Latest posts

Back