Brewhouse Updates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is still plenty of beer, nobody's picked it up, or just haven't been bothered to hook it up...

we did get a bit of water through the brewery, and lost a bit of stock, but we came out of it ok.

On tap at the Brewhouse ATM
I took a stroll down to Clarance Corner today. Couldn't have a beer so I just copied down what was on the menu.

BPA- Brisbane Pale Ale 4.4% (Galaxy)
Sunshine Honey Wheat 5%
Starlager Classic Pils 5%
Midnight Extra Stout 6.7%
Up Yer Kilt Scotish Ale 5%
also on tap Pipsqueak Best Cider

Pots - $3.80
Pints - $7.00
Jugs - $14.00

Anyone tried the Pipsqueak cider?
Daz

Checked yesterday. Same .

On tap at the Brewhouse ATM
I took a stroll down to Clarance Corner today. Couldn't have a beer so I just copied down what was on the menu.

BPA- Brisbane Pale Ale 4.4% (Galaxy)
Sunshine Honey Wheat 5%
Starlager Classic Pils 5%
Midnight Extra Stout 6.7%
Up Yer Kilt Scotish Ale 5%
also on tap Pipsqueak Best Cider

Pots - $3.80
Pints - $7.00
Jugs - $14.00

Anyone tried the Pipsqueak cider?
Daz

No more Schwarzbeir...
... and the Taffinator Dopplebock is long gone....

Went there for a feed and a couple of pints tonight - the scottish ale (my favourite) has been replaced by an ESB. 5.2%
i'm guessing it's a beefed up version of the Dogs Bollocks Bitter?
it had a pretty fruity aroma.

Hmmm, I haven't ventured over the river to the Brewhouse for ages (this work thingy is getting ridiculous) - maybe a Saturday lunch could be in order? Are the cheap steaks still on??

Went there for a feed and a couple of pints tonight - the scottish ale (my favourite) has been replaced by an ESB. 5.2%
i'm guessing it's a beefed up version of the Dogs Bollocks Bitter?
it had a pretty fruity aroma.
New brewer so could be a whole new recipe...

Stopped in there today and tried the ESB, not bad. Malty, lingering biterness and what I thought was a wack of galaxy (although my head is filled with snot so I could be way off the mark). Decent aussie ESB at the right price. Still served way too cold though.

Stopped in Saterday afternoon for lunch and there was no ESB :( No Schwarz :( no Midnight Stout :(

• Brisbane Pale Ale
  • Sunshine Honey Wheat
  • Starlager Classic Pils
  • Hefeweizen
  • White Rabbit Dark
  • Pipsqueak Cider

At least the BPA was tasting much better than the last time I had it several months ago, and the steak sandwich was tops!. :)

went there yesterday for a pint or 5 and was pretty stoked with white rabbit being on tap.

Thats good news then. Can't wait to see some more of his beers on tap.

Maybe his espresso stout? drool

Oh yeah, that was one good stout!

What's the classic pils like I wonder? I haven't had an Aussie made pils that really pulls it off - in fact I'm horrified to say that the most authentic pils style I have ever encountered was

Bluetongue

:mellow: :mellow:

So there must be one out there somewhere. For example at the last PUBS meeting Graeme had brought a selection of Mt Tamborine bottles and we all agreed that their idea of a Pils was more like a Coopers Kit Lager, unfortunately. The others were pretty good, especially the Belgian, but pils seems to be an elusive goal for many of these guys (insufficient lagering time maybe?)

What's the classic pils like I wonder? I haven't had an Aussie made pils that really pulls it off - in fact I'm horrified to say that the most authentic pils style I have ever encountered was

Bluetongue

:mellow: :mellow:

So there must be one out there somewhere. For example at the last PUBS meeting Graeme had brought a selection of Mt Tamborine bottles and we all agreed that their idea of a Pils was more like a Coopers Kit Lager, unfortunately. The others were pretty good, especially the Belgian, but pils seems to be an elusive goal for many of these guys (insufficient lagering time maybe?)

Bribie, if I was you I'd stand next to Lyall Cottam all night at the PUBs meetings, he knocks out a faily good pils.

:icon_cheers:

Paul

Hmmm, I haven't ventured over the river to the Brewhouse for ages (this work thingy is getting ridiculous) - maybe a Saturday lunch could be in order? Are the cheap steaks still on??

Ill wonder down tomorrow and check out the meal deals winkle. They tend to have specials Mon thru Thursday.

On another tangent, it looks like there could be a draining of the kegs so to speak with replacements to come with the new brewer. Looking forward to that. Seems like I missed the best beers of the last while, the engine for one, but lets see whats to come. Ill up date next few days.
Daz

Ill wonder down tomorrow and check out the meal deals winkle. They tend to have specials Mon thru Thursday.

On another tangent, it looks like there could be a draining of the kegs so to speak with replacements to come with the new brewer. Looking forward to that. Seems like I missed the best beers of the last while, the engine for one, but lets see whats to come. Ill up date next few days.
Daz

Last time I looked there wasn't any specials on Saturdays so I've been hitting the $10 King Island rump steak deal at the International while it lasts (+ the Geronimo - ta Bribie :icon_cheers: ).
I'm about due for a trip back to the Brewhouse though!

Latest posts

Back