Brewhouse Updates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something I've noticed with the BPA: the first few hours the keg is on are so much better than the next day. I drank the first pint out of a new keg on Saturday, and it was superb, at least twice as good as the pint before.

I'll be filtering the new honey-wheat lager in about a week (which I've added a little bit of nelson sauvin to) so there are almost another 2 beers waiting in line.
I'm also keen to use the yeast from the BPA that is on its way to brew the old amarillo/cascade APA (formerly Engine) with. Hopefully on the weekend.
The more you all hassle the bar-staff for new beers, the more pressure management will have to install/free-up more taps for us!

Argon you are truly a drinking machine :eek:

So sad I had to leave... looks like lunchtime tomorrow for the Pilsner then... :icon_drool2: sounds like it's getting better every day.

Yes! Lunch Friday is now pretty much go. Steak & stout & schwarz :icon_drool2:

Mmmmmmm. What time?
I've got to be up the hill by 3.30 and could easily be persuaded to drop in on the way past. :beerbang:

Campbell

Say 1 or 1.30pm?
Hey, I might just have to Archive the afternoon after that. :icon_cheers:

12-1pm locked in Eddie, could be a messy afternoon. :D

Hey I might pop in as well... Boss has decided we're to play golf at Vic park tomorrow morning instead of work. Planing on stopping in at the platform bar too, could get there later.

Did my city tour the wrong day & missed you guys... oh well. Gotta do it when one has the day I guess.

Hit the Clarence Corner Brewhouse for a Schwarz & a BPA, and enjoyed hearing the old music tracks from Albert Street while the lingerie models walked their stuff on the TV. I then went to the 5th Element for an Alpha, but Jill informed me they were out of kegs and offered me a bottle. I declined, opting for a Franziskaner Weisse from the tap instead. I do hope they get Alpha back on. Enjoyed the brew as I watched Jill work the bar before heading into the city. Had a fresh, great-tasting Stone & Wood at the Queen St Pig, then went up to the Platform to see what was on. Had a lovely tasting Sunny Coast Rye ESB, then went down to catch the bus to Boundary St. Topped the day off with a White Rabbit at the Archive.

not today! I'll be in after dinner for a couple though.

Top day, great steak with Schwarz and stouts with family and Campbell and Snow @ Brewhaus #2. Had a few rounds then headed off to Archive for some White Rabbits, Lord Nelsons etc etc. Even found Ben wandering around Nectar. Now home for pizzas and footy

Was a great afternoon. I have to say the staek was excellent and priced so I will be back many times just for the food. The beer seals the deal! I enjoyed all the micros on offer, especially the Brisbane Pale Ale and the stout. Well done Brewhouse - can't wait to taste the full range when you're in full swing!

Cheers - Snow

It will be great once we've got new taps installed and an extended range of draught beers on offer.

I did enjoy the Schwarz and the Midnight Stout the other day Brendan, good work.
(hope your pocket's not too wet now) B)

It will be great once we've got new taps installed and an extended range of draught beers on offer.

...so you can carry VB & VB Gold? Hahn's Light and Cascade Light? ;)

Seriously.... will you become the Brisbane equivelent to Melbourne's Taphouse??? Ihope you get MT Moderation in for the house mid-strength, and that Sunny Coast ESB is pretty good....

Latest posts

Back