Brewhouse Updates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not forgetting the International at Spring Hill, I had some of Rudy's brews there a few weeks ago, bloody nice, especially the Irish Red. My UQ buddy and I will be hitting the Brewhouse for lunch next Thursday week, then on to the German Club, might not make it to BABBs afterwards however.

What :eek: !! Wash your mouth out with beer!
Just think how finely honed your palate will be at 7.30/8 pm :D

Yeah! The 18th!

Though the stock Midnight was tasting pretty darn good tonight!

Honey wheat lager is going on tap tonight... Bock misses out again.

Can't wait for my next Brewhouse visit...slated for Thursday the 27th :( too far away!

I finally got down there and sampled the BPA, Midnight stout, Star lager and Sunshine wheat. BPA was definitely the stand out but it was good to sample the old familiar drops again.

Still eagerly awaiting the return of the bock though.

Enjoyed a pot of Schwarz this afternoon on my in to the city. I see they had some new furniture stacked inside the door still in boxes, and they quit selling the 425ml 'schooner'.

Had I known how my West End adventure was going to turn out, I would have stayed for a couple more.

I finally got down there and sampled the BPA, Midnight stout, Star lager and Sunshine wheat. BPA was definitely the stand out but it was good to sample the old familiar drops again.

Still eagerly awaiting the return of the bock though.

Stout is my favourite.

*edit: I had a half of the honey wheat and it's not bad for a simple lager! The nelson Sauvin lifts it pretty well.

A honey wheat lager with NS! Sounds intriguing....

Might have to pop on over for a sample ;)

Cheers - Snow

Don't get too excited mate! It's a stepping stone beer, I've used nelson sauvin very sparingly.

I don't think I ever had the Sunshine at Albert St. Have to give it a try.

My son is a VIP at the Mater hospital, we are heading in for another operation this Wednesday, will have a couple of hours while he's in the theater, what better place to go to de-stress while it's all happening. Was hoping to make the trip with a happier frame of mind, never the less I will be up for a drink or 10.

A honey wheat lager with NS! Sounds intriguing....
Very nice with but with the NS rather subdued Snow when you consider that Batz didn't gag when he sampled it being it a wheatie & all. ;) :p

Speaking for myself, of all the beers we sampled the BPA was exceptional along with the Honey Wheat Lager which took No 1 spot IMHO.
The rest of what we sampled were ok but rather ordinary I am sad to say.
Since this is a thread re the Brewhouse I refuse to mention the German Club's contribution to good beer in Brisbane so I won't. ;)

TP

Very nice with but with the NS rather subdued Snow when you consider that Batz didn't gag when he sampled it being it a wheatie & all. ;) :p

Speaking for myself, of all the beers we sampled the BPA was exceptional along with the Honey Wheat Lager which took No 1 spot IMHO.
The rest of what we sampled were ok but rather ordinary I am sad to say.
Since this is a thread re the Brewhouse I refuse to mention the German Club's contribution to good beer in Brisbane so I won't. ;)

TP

you didn't like the stout?

you didn't like the stout?

He had a stout and yes he did liked it, it was a bit early in the day for me to have a stout ( weird I know but that's me) I really enjoyed the Pils and the BPA.

Batz

I'll take the Sunshine Honey Wheat, BPA, Schwarz, & Stout in that order please... the Starlager is the ordinary one of the corrent bunch. of course, I'm waiting for the Up Your Kilt to make a return, and the Dopplebock.... :icon_drool2:

Back