Brewhouse Updates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone up for stout schwarz BPA lunch today :icon_cheers: ?

heading down to Evan's head for a spot of spearfishing today!

Well lunch was good, steak was excellent as was the stout
lunch.jpg
Finished up with a few schwarz pints.
schwarz.jpg

Attachments

• lunch.jpg
    lunch.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 19
How about Thursday? :beerbang:

And when will the Up Your Kilt be back? Or Taffinator??

Dunno. I don't think we're re-ordering Hahn Premium Light, so hopefully when that runs out the bock will go on.
Haven't brewed any scottish ale yet, or our old APA... just need to boot off XXXX bitter and gold, Tooheys New and extra-dry and VB. then we'll have plenty of room.

Dunno. I don't think we're re-ordering Hahn Premium Light, so hopefully when that runs out the bock will go on.
Haven't brewed any scottish ale yet, or our old APA... just need to boot off XXXX bitter and gold, Tooheys New and extra-dry and VB. then we'll have plenty of room.

Boot away

It looks like I'll be by Thursday after work... six'ish. Have to try one of them steak & Schwarzs combos I think.

That Scottish Ale was my fav at Albert St. Those old regulars best get a drinking and clear out them megaswills! Get them converted to Starlager yet?

This is so bloody exciting. First Archive opening, now this. Maybe there's a future for craft beer in Brisbane after all!

I'll be down to sample the whole range ASAP! Might have to bring the tour groups through as well. Any idea what time they open on Saturday & Sunday?

This is so bloody exciting. First Archive opening, now this. Maybe there's a future for craft beer in Brisbane after all!

I'll be down to sample the whole range ASAP! Might have to bring the tour groups through as well. Any idea what time they open on Saturday & Sunday?

Saturday: 10am-late
Sunday: 10am-midnight

there are actually a few of the locals who've turned to both the Lager and BPA, which is nice.

there are actually a few of the locals who've turned to both the Lager and BPA, which is nice.

Careful they don't drink it all... Hide the Schwarz for special guests.... like us.

Won't take long before the locals won't drink swill ever again. Great to hear things are going from strength to strength...

That's great! Brisbane today reminds me of Seattle circa 1982-84. All the pubs had the usualy Rainier, Olympia, Lucky, Bud, Pabt's, Coors, any number of megaswill lagers here, and microbrews like Red Hook, Hale's and Grant's (R.I.P.) tried to make inroads. You found the certain pubs that were stepping out and carrying the 'craft' brews and traveled there to enjoy a session. Most other pubs refused to carry 'homebrew' and soldiered on with the old school. Now, you can't step off a curb in Seattle without tripping over a craft brewpub, and even the oldest of old-school dive bars will have Manny's or Mac n Jack on tap along with Red Hook.

So yes... its all good, and I hope that Brewhouse and archive and 5th Element and Platform and Spotted Cow, and the Taphouses, gain support and thrive! I'm trying to do my part.... *belch*

Careful they don't drink it all... Hide the Schwarz for special guests.... like us.

Won't take long before the locals won't drink swill ever again. Great to hear things are going from strength to strength...

there is plenty of BPA and Schwarzbier, no need to fret.

that won't be running out in a hurry either. I actually found a keg of stout packaged early '08... that should be pretty nice.

That's great! Brisbane today reminds me of Seattle circa 1982-84. All the pubs had the usualy Rainier, Olympia, Lucky, Bud, Pabt's, Coors, any number of megaswill lagers here, and microbrews like Red Hook, Hale's and Grant's (R.I.P.) tried to make inroads. You found the certain pubs that were stepping out and carrying the 'craft' brews and traveled there to enjoy a session. Most other pubs refused to carry 'homebrew' and soldiered on with the old school. Now, you can't step off a curb in Seattle without tripping over a craft brewpub, and even the oldest of old-school dive bars will have Manny's or Mac n Jack on tap along with Red Hook.

So yes... its all good, and I hope that Brewhouse and archive and 5th Element and Platform and Spotted Cow, and the Taphouses, gain support and thrive! I'm trying to do my part.... *belch*
Not forgetting the International at Spring Hill, I had some of Rudy's brews there a few weeks ago, bloody nice, especially the Irish Red. My UQ buddy and I will be hitting the Brewhouse for lunch next Thursday week, then on to the German Club, might not make it to BABBs afterwards however.

Not forgetting the International at Spring Hill, I had some of Rudy's brews there a few weeks ago, bloody nice, especially the Irish Red. My UQ buddy and I will be hitting the Brewhouse for lunch next Thursday week, then on to the German Club, might not make it to BABBs afterwards however.
Yeah, that Spring Hill Irish Red is quite good! Need to get myself up there again.

Tonight I think I may take a bus trip down to the Brewhouse for a couple...

Back