Brewery's / Decent Places For A Drink In Melb?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adryargument

Reaction score
Hey,

Never been to Melb, however i'm flying down for a wedding in the next fortnight and was wondering which pubs / brewery's do people recommend?
I have 12 hours on Friday to make the most of it before i get dragged into the ceremonies, so anything within range of the airport / central city preferred.

Chris

The great northern hotel in north Carlton.. Great range of beer both on tap and In the bottle.. Had my engagement party there and the guy sold me on the beer menu instead of wine menu..

Hey,

Never been to Melb, however i'm flying down for a wedding in the next fortnight and was wondering which pubs / brewery's do people recommend?
I have 12 hours on Friday to make the most of it before i get dragged into the ceremonies, so anything within range of the airport / central city preferred.

Chris

Mate go to the james Squire brewhouse at Docklands. good food good beer good location..What more could you want.

James squire docklands

Mountain Goat in Richmond is a must do, only Wednesday or Friday though.
And they started installing their new brewery today :icon_cheers:
Nige

Pretty regular topic

City:
Cookie (horrible place in my experience though)
Beer deluxe
Biero
Mrs Parmas

Inner city suburbs:

Great Northern
Bar Fred
Mountain goat

A bit further out:

Local taphouse
True South
Two brothers (I'm not a fan of their beer though)

Other places around that will have a decent range that I've not been to or am super aware of. I've heard Penny Blue is good. http://www.pennyblue.com.au/beer.html

Another vote for Biero. I go there every week either on Wed or Fri. They usually have special beers flowing on Fridays. Last week was 10 taps of Nogne O.
Penny Blue is also quite good, but I've only been there once and it was after a pub crawl during Good Beer Week so my memory is hazy. They have a hand pump for cask ale.

Also mentioned was Mountain Goat Brewery. Not too far from the city and they have their Rye IPA and IIPA pouring at the moment.
Across the road from the Goat is the Royston, who do decent pub food with about 10 odd taps of Aussie craft beer. Another hand pump usually with Holgate Temptress.

A good resource is Crafty Pint

Cheers guys, i now have a nice long list I'm going to make every effort to visit!

Back