Brewers Please Give Your Honest A Opinion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$65/25kg = $2.60/kg.
Buy a sack, buy a plastic container of some sort to store it in for future brews.
Too easy.
And as you've done in your OP, ask for opinions of your recipe here. The answers help.
Lol, I should add a note about spec malts... it's all good to get it cheap bulk, but you have to be sure you're going to use it.
I've still got 2kg left of Choc malt, a 6kg purchase that I bought a few years ago. I even gave 2 kilo's away.

I don't mind paying extra for a kilo purchase of a spec when I need it.

I can and have walked into my LHBS and got 200g of grain cracked and vac packed for the same price as a ton. Thats why I do not buy in bulk anymore and have even retired my mill. Its all about giving your customers good service and your good customers will be loyal.

Steve

I can and have walked into my LHBS and got 200g of grain cracked and vac packed for the same price as a ton. Thats why I do not buy in bulk anymore and have even retired my mill. Its all about giving your customers good service and your good customers will be loyal.

Steve

i really dont understand what you're meaning here. :blink: please explain?

Steve

fu<k, must have been a small batch size

When I was told that I was paying to much for grain, hops and yeast on this topic, started to surf around and came across TWOC in Perth.
http://www.homebru.com.au

Joe White Export Pilsner 2.5kg $10.60 maybe $4.00 cheaper than BrewMart
Joe White Wheat Malt 1kg $5.00 $ 0.95 cheaper than BrewMart
Perle Hops 100g $8.00 $1.95 cheaper than BrewMart
Hallertau Hops100g $8.00 $1.95 cheaper than BrewMart
2007 Wyeast 125ml Activator Pack Pilsen Lager $14.95 (Still the same) at BrewMart

I wouldn't save much, would pay more in petrol just getting there and back, about 3/4 of hour drive to Bibra Lake from my house .
I will not go to West Brew nonthinking but problems with them in the past are were very rude.

I have always found Neil and his wife at BrewMart very helpful indeed and every time I go there it's chock a block with customers.

When I was told that I was paying to much for grain, hops and yeast on this topic, started to surf around and came across TWOC in Perth.
http://www.homebru.com.au

Joe White Export Pilsner 2.5kg $10.60
Joe White Wheat Malt 1kg $5.00
Perle Hops 100g $8.00
Hallertau Hops100g $8.00
2007 Wyeast 125ml Activator Pack Pilsen Lager $14.95 (Still the same) at BrewMart

Maybe worth driving 3/4 of hour to Bibra Lake. But than again the money I would save I would be paying it petrol.
I will not go to West Brew nonthinking but problems with them in the past are were very rude.

I have always found Neil and his wife at BrewMart very helpful indeed and every time I go there it's chock a block with customers.

Go to gryphon, he's in bassendean and a regular on here, then get anything he doesn't have you can get from brewmart. they're both within 10 minutes of you, here's gryphon website Gryphon

Gryphons prices are good and he's got plenty of knowledge (I better be getting something free for this wrap Nev)

I'm not sure, but georgecopley are you ignorant or just retarted? You've been told about Gryphon a few times in this thread, but you choose to ignore it. Maybe look at South Africa and consider a drive there? Ignore all the good comments so far, about brew shops, recipe ideas, meeting experienced brewers, and pay $75 for another brew to chuck away.

I'm not sure, but georgecopley are you ignorant or just retarted? You've been told about Gryphon a few times in this thread, but you choose to ignore it. Maybe look at South Africa and consider a drive there? Ignore all the good comments so far, about brew shops, recipe ideas, meeting experienced brewers, and pay $75 for another brew to chuck away.
:lol:

In all seriousness. The questions have been answered and some very good, sound advice has been given out by other members here, if you choose not to follow it so be it.

Just a over powering biscuit taste went down the sink undrinkable

It was drinkable No bitterness taste a little biscuit taste no where near like my best Extract brew

A taste of the wort sweet with a very small amount of biscuit taste

stop fermenting in the fricken cookie jar.................... :icon_cheers:

cheers: HBK.

Must be a rich loyal customer :lol:
Nev

Mate I had a look on the white pages and could not find Gryphon anywhere or a shop called Gryphon, if I new where it was in Bassendean I would go in a have a talk to the people there. You are a keyboard warrior Half wit

Mate I had a look on the white pages and could not find Gryphon anywhere or a shop called Gryphon, if I new where it was in Bassendean I would go in a have a talk to the people there. You are a keyboard warrior Half wit

You've been linked and the bloke (Nev) has even posted in the thread! There is a link in his signature.

Did you jump on and surf around google?

https://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&sclien...22&bih=1025

Im curious as to how you managed to get a quote that was originally from qldkev, requoted as written by gryphon.....

Not sure who you're telling off.....

A big part of posting in a forum, especially starting a thread of your own, is to read the replies in the thread. Particularly when they're helpful replies. Nev (Gryphon Brewing) posted post #16 and QldKev pointed it out to you 3 posts later.

Your eyes painted on?

Latest posts

Back