Breweries in Oregon and Washington

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man. Sweet pics roastin.
I haven't travelled much ( done Australia a few times) but I really would enjoy going back to Portland.
Such a nice place.
When I was last there last timeI wasn't a huge craft beer drinker, I was only just starting to dabble.
I fear I would be drinking 24-7 if I go there these days !!

CF

Where Portland or Seattle are concerned, your question is a bit like asking where to go in Melbourne for good coffee. You'll have little trouble, though the above recommendations are probably all good.

The Rogue brewery marches to a different drummer. Among their many experimental brews I recall a malted buckwheat ale that had all manner of unique and wonderful toasty flavours at 2.5% abv, and a 40 of malt liquor that was a slight improvement on what gets marketed in the hood, meaning lots of corn taste and removing paint with it would take a while.

Voodoo donuts was on man vs food tonight, their maple bacon bar made me drool.

Bend was the place for me in Oregon. Some great little brewpubs. Ten Barrels the standout for me. Try their ISA and their pumpkin sour was sensational!

Got three nights in Portland and 2 nights in Bend as part of a US trip starting in 23 days (With three nights in each of LA, SD, LV as well)

The beers must flow

If you like sour beers at all, go to the Cascade Brewing Barrel House on a Tuesday, and sign up to be the "tapper" (it's free!)

They tap a barrel of sour beer from their cellars once a week, and you'll get to do the honors!

http://www.cascadebrewingbarrelhouse.com/index.php?p=tapit

While you're that side of the river, hop a cab to Widmer's "Gasthaus" for some hefes and pretty damn good ales of all descriptions.

Edit: In Portland

spent a week in Eugene, there was a Hop Valley brewpub 200m away from the hotel

them have some nice beers. the Alpha Centori is one nice drop.

a bit tired by the end of it... but a grin the size of her ample bosom.

Had the Bridgeport Hop Czar on the weekend. Bloody awful. Couldn't drink it. This coming from an AIPA guy.

Latest posts

Back