Brewcraft Ultra Kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulldog_y2k6

Reaction score
Gday all

I have been drinking a brewcraft Ultra Chocolate Redwood Ale, made up as per the standard instructions on the pack, its probably the best of the 8 beers i have brewed :chug:

I have got the Brewcraft Ultra IPA in secondary atm. I am just wondering has anyone else made either of these? and if so how did you find them??Also at 45 odd bucks they are pretty dear, are the cans anything that special ?or is it just good looking packaging and clever wording?

Cheers
Bulldog

$45!! sheesh! an AG batch is cheaper than that!!

$45!! sheesh! an AG batch is cheaper than that!!

Good example why people change their methods.
However these ultrabrews (and also wort paks) are also a good way for noobies who are clearly refining their mega swill ways to taste something different. They, Troydo are the future of our craft.

Also at 45 odd bucks they are pretty dear, are the cans anything that special ?
Not really, but if the beer tastes good, it's worth the cost.

or is it just good looking packaging and clever wording

Yes. Anyone want shares in a harbour bridge .. special offer to AHB readers ..... :rolleyes:

At $45 you are paying more than fresh wort kits - damn!

yes somewhere between say $1.80 to $2.20 per long neck. Cheaper than Dan Murphys and value if it tastes okay.

I am sorry to say I bought a case of Botany Bay stubbies for $50 to go to a party (thought they were something else).

At the end I couldn't give them away !!

That's another half again as much as it costs me to make a partial/extract based beer - save the extra $15 and make a 6-pack esky mash tun!

Thanks for your replys, i have looked into several different ways of doing a "mini mash" , i guess thats the way i should go rather than buying these so called "premium kits". One of the problems i have however is that my LHBS gives very little advice and seems more interested in selling these beer style packs. Im sure there are better stores around, any advice?? BTW what is Dan Murphys??

Cheers
Bulldog

I was just going to say that. I bought 2 NNL fresh worts @ $35 each and I get back $10 if I take the containers back. So it costs me $60 to make 45L.

I couldn't imagine paying $45 for a tin of goop to make 23L, ouch. Plus the fresh worts have to be better than any tip of goop.

Fresh wort does seem a good option, i have read some threads on this. I will start another thread to get some advice on hop additions/yeast suggestions for ESB Amber Ale Fresh Wort, as this is getting off the topic of my original post. I am still curious though if anyone else actually used the Brewcraft Ultra Kits i would still like to know what you thought of them.

Cheers

Bulldog

Fresh wort does seem a good option, i have read some threads on this. I will start another thread to get some advice on hop additions/yeast suggestions for ESB Amber Ale Fresh Wort, as this is getting off the topic of my original post. I am still curious though if anyone else actually used the Brewcraft Ultra Kits i would still like to know what you thought of them.

Cheers

Bulldog

In 24 hours no one has jumped in and said they have used the Brewcraft Ultra Kits. Kind of means no one has. Best of luck

Gday all

I have been drinking a brewcraft Ultra Chocolate Redwood Ale, made up as per the standard instructions on the pack, its probably the best of the 8 beers i have brewed :chug:

I have got the Brewcraft Ultra IPA in secondary atm. I am just wondering has anyone else made either of these? and if so how did you find them??Also at 45 odd bucks they are pretty dear, are the cans anything that special ?or is it just good looking packaging and clever wording?

Stole the following from NTRabbit on a thread from Oliver & Geoff's site about Brewcraft Ultra. Interesting point, but doesn't help your cause Bulldog.

Just picked up something new from the Brewstore, which is just next door to the Aquarium store I was actually visiting.

Brewcraft Ultra - a two can, all malt brew that comes with hops and yeast. In this case, I got the Imperial Pale Ale, which came with Goldings and US-05.

Big deal you might say, but remember who makes the Brewcraft tins - double checking the instructions on the box, I'm 99% sure that these are rebadged (or produced by and in the same manner as) Muntons Gold and Premium Gold kits!

The 3 they have so far are Imperial Pale Ale, British Bulldog Ale, and Chocolate Redwood Ale, only $39.95, which makes them $1.50 cheapr than the Gold and $15 cheaper than the Premium gold, at my local anyway. Guy at the store just put the IPA on tap - said it turned out a little too Pale for style, but if you closed your eyes when drinking it was spot on

Oh, and I think I'm gonna try the Chocolate Redwood next time I visit.

Fatgodzilla

Thanks for your help, your probably right it must not be very popular, from your quote the IPA i have in secondary does sound promising though :icon_cheers:

Cheers

Bulldog

I had a look at www.hbkitreviews.com yesterday and there wasn't anything there I could see.

If you could be bothered, send them an email listing the kits missing, and once they're up, post your comments when your kit turns out.

hope it's a good un (especially for that dosh!).

Latest posts

Back