Brewboard Offline

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jye

Hop Junky
Reaction score
Its been offline for a while now, does anyone know why and when it will be back?

Jye, there was a bit of nonsense from the owner of the BB. Anyway, the majority of the users have relocated to the Brews Brothers?. It's a shame as a lot of the old material from the BB may well be lost but people are trying to move it over to the new site. The BB itself may be up at some stage but I doubt there'll be as many people over there for a long time if ever.

Mead has left HBT and gone to brew bros as well

Thanks Stu, I just read up on the reason :(

Hopefully it will come back so that the info can be accessed. There are some fantastic threads that I hope someone has saved.

I used to hang on the Greenboard a lot.
I learnt a lot from those guys, especially CJinJ.
I still check it out weekly and have an RSS feed setup for it, but had noticed it was offline as well, so have been checking back with fingers crossed daily.

Really disappointing that a few members trying to push limits of board policy and moderation can spoil the enjoyment of many others.

Doc

I know MtnBrewer had saved some. I guess it depends on when the original board comes back up and how much of it has been 'pruned'. Hopefully, nothing like that is ever going to happen here. Unless Doc finally snaps. :p

Edit: Doc, it was partially the Public House crowd pushing things and that was definitely childish, but it was the over-reaction of the owner of the board (and of HBA/AB) which alienated virtually all the moderators who then pretty much resigned en masse.

Edit: Doc, it was partially the Public House crowd pushing things and that was definitely childish, but it was the over-reaction of the owner of the board (and of HBA/AB) which alienated virtually all the moderators who then pretty much resigned en masse.

Of all the times to be doing it... Obama is trying to force a crackdown on golden handshakes ATM. :lol:

Sad call for it all end that way on the Greenboard. Was always good for a bit of gleaning. That said those colours always made my eyes hurt. :eek:

Warren -

THe public house was alot like jerry springer at times

Sad call for it all end that way on the Greenboard. Was always good for a bit of gleaning. That said those colours always made my eyes hurt. :eek:

Pop over to the new site, here. Now in tasteful light blue. :p

Thanks Stu. All registered on logged on. Damn I as much as it annoyed me I miss the green already. Blue just ain't the same. :D

Warren -

There was a program around many moons ago Anawave websnake or something along those lines.

It allowed you to make offline copies of web sites, it didn't work for all sites.

If you are concerned that the site might disappear, that might be an option.

http://www.anawave.com/

Latest posts

Back