Brew Stand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the diehards in the US have home breweries where every valve, solenoid and temperature sensor has its own IP address

:beerbang:

sintax69 said:
Will it have its own IP address???

sintax
[post="53158"][/post]​
Maybeeee. If I can get a wireless network card for my old SUN SparcStation then I could do something tricky with it ......... mmmmmmm.....

Doc

re: the whole IP address thing, it's not that crazy. I did a job at a radio station converting all the control gear over from the older serial based PIC devices to newer ethernet connected IP enabled PIC's. It simplified things no end, and was a lot easier to control.

Wortgames said:
Some of the diehards in the US have home breweries where every valve, solenoid and temperature sensor has its own IP address

:beerbang:
[post="53161"][/post]​
My shed it already wired for ethernet and the temperature of the brauhaus and fermentation freezer are logged to an SQL database every minute.
There is a nice PHP/Web front end to report the temp data too.

I've just recycled an old PII workstation for a media PC in the home theatre room that is working a treat through the projector. If I get bored of that maybe that could be my brew PC. I has a wireless card in it.

Beers,
Doc

Brauhaus5_6_April_05.PNG

The rack has been delivered and tried out for size.
For an APC rack I was expecting black but colour does not matter, when you consider these things sell for like $4000 and it just cost me $0 delivered to my house.

On the hunt now for a couple of shelves for it and a power strip. Think I may have a good lead on the power strip, but the shelves maybe a bit more difficult. Have located stabalising feet too.

The rack also doubles and an enclousure for 2 1/2 year olds :lol:

Beers,
Doc

RackBrewSculpture_002.jpg

RackBrewSculpture_009.jpg

Nice original form of incarceration Doc. :lol:

It can double as the naughty boy's room.

Warren -

Forget the brew stand. The kiddie cage option is great.

I'll have 3 !!!!!!!!!! NOW !!!

Nice one Doc,
By the way, there is an image of an apparition on the glass of the stand.
Brewing ghosts maybe?? :lol: :lol:

cheers
johnno

johnno said:
Nice one Doc,
By the way, there is an image of an apparition on the glass of the stand.
Brewing ghosts maybe?? :lol: :lol:

cheers
johnno
[post="53265"][/post]​
Ah Brew God I think :lol:

Doc

:D looks more like the 05 version of the tardis.
is that wee stu in it coming over for a visit. :)

cheers
big d

Looks good, although doughing in will be a PITA in its current configuration so I don't know if you could work out some shelving system that slides out for dough in then is slid back in. Might have a balancing issue when it's out to the side perhaps. Maybe some pot draw rollers could work and support the weight?

Other than that its a cool stand option. Nice one.

JD

Top stuff Doc - looks a bit high tho. Maybe you could turn it on its side and configure it that way?? Pump stuff around and somehow have the Mashtun or HLT a bit higher

Justin said:
Looks good, although doughing in will be a PITA in its current configuration so I don't know if you could work out some shelving system that slides out for dough in then is slid back in. Might have a balancing issue when it's out to the side perhaps. Maybe some pot draw rollers could work and support the weight?

Yeah, that is just a dummy up to make sure everything would fit.
I'll be putting in some rack shelving (when I locate some) that will allow the esky lid to be fully open.
Thinking about using a pump to get water into the HLT via a water filter. Everything will be gravity feed from then on.
I will be putting on stabalising feet also.

roach said:
Top stuff Doc - looks a bit high tho. Maybe you could turn it on its side and configure it that way?? Pump stuff around and somehow have the Mashtun or HLT a bit higher
It is actually not that much higher than I've been used to with my current setup.

Scored some more parts for the Brew Rack Conversion today including a "six fan boiler extraction kit".

Still on the lookout for some decent shelves.

Beers,
Doc

Image019.jpg

Moved this from another thread

Johnno

This is a drawing of my 3 tier stand. I made it so it could be turned on its side into a 2 tier (which it is now).

If anyone wants the drawing in some other format, please PM me.

Cheers
Pedro
Stand.JPG

Trough Lolly said:
Nice one Pedro,
I'm looking for a 3 tier setup too! I suppose the aluminium tread sheet in the floor helps stability as well? Did you need any cross bracing on the HLT section? Does it get a bit wobbly? I suppose I can dyna bolt the sucker to a wall to fix that anyway...
Cheers,
TL
[post="54434"][/post]​

TL

With the welding and steel strength, there is any need to cross bracing. It was designed so all of the burners sit in the frame (no good for NASA burners). The burners I have had legs which I cut off.
The treadsheet was more so that I could store more gear on it when it is packed away.

Cheers
Pedro

No worries Pedro...I didn't know this was a welding job.

I'm tool challenged, I was lucky to get a cordless drill and circular saw last year to knock up the pergola, let alone go anywhere near a welding kit! I'll probably knock something up outta the 350kg rated stands they sell at Bunnings and do a hybrid build based on your and other designs...
Cheers,
TL

I'd love to see photos Pedro - I might have to construct something similar.

NRB said:
I'd love to see photos Pedro - I might have to construct something similar.
[post="54479"][/post]​

Ask and you shall receive :)

One pic shows the stand in use as a 2 tier.
The 2nd pic shows the gear as I store it. If you imagine the top RHS keg to was on the very top of the frame, it is as it was as a 3 tier.

Brewing_Stand.JPG
Storing_the_equipment.jpg

Edit - PS - Not all brewing equipment is bright and shiny.

Cheers
Pedro

Latest posts

Back