Brew Stand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to drag this old topic back from the dead, but Doc, have you got any recent pictures of how your rack turned out?

Tim.

I sacrificed a level and didn't bother with a HLT for my kit. I didn't want anything to tall and unstable because of the hot water danger etc. I can actually roll my stand around while it is full without any dramas. Why I'd want to do that exactly I'm not sure.......but last time I was brewing on the back porch and it started raining it was handy to be able to move it 6 feet to stop the sky topping up my brew kettle.
The brewboy stand.

I'm keen as all hell to see how Doc's stand turned out, I used to sit in the server room where I used to work and wonder about all the great things one could make with a rack. I could have grabbed about 20 of them at one point as they were being replaced, but at the time had nowhere to put them. I reckon the rack is the easiest but hardest part about building a brewery because you have to start deciding where everything has to go before you start building it. Mine has had a couple of mods since I built it, and there are a couple to come to make it a bit better.
C'mon Doc, pictures please? You're going to start a rack revolution.

edit: fixed the bad web link, cheers Tim

hMM, I have access to a couple of old 42U comnputer racks....

Mike, feel free to drop one off when you're in the area this weekend! :D :D

no, seriously :blink: :p

Mike, feel free to drop one off when you're in the area this weekend! :D :D

no, seriously :blink: :p

Well, I'm absolutely serious - I have a slightly bent Ricon one (ex Rabo delivery, would you believe) and a couple of other random comms cabinets.

Cheers - Mike

Let's just take this little discussion offline now, shall we? :p

Back