Brew Stand Shelving

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine works fine.........

2 x 40 litres and 1 x 10 litres, no worries.

Brewstand.JPG

Looks great mate, mashing higher gravity in Bm then boil in keggle?

Anyway, What I'm really trying to find out is if the wire mesh shelves will withstand heat from a 3 ring gas burner.

Those setups above look great but another option can be found if you look at Justin's brew frame which pre-dates all the fancy electronic gismos used today but IMHO is a ripper budget-wise. :super:

Socked this link away years ago when I started brewing but was unable to find an old angle iron bed frame at the local dump so went RHS.

Maybe you'll have better luck if you're keen?

[SIZE=medium]http://hbd.org/discus/messages/366/33903.html?1187742085[/SIZE]

Doesn't have to be welded. You can easily cut & bolt this frame together.

uploadfromtaptalk1407629949193.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407629967827.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407629984353.jpg

I use rack it and I think it's great.
It's on the rack it wheels too. Makes it very easy to move.

looks great! Are the castors rack it ones or just a castor with a bolt? Any chance you remember pricing?

Topher said:
Looks great mate, mashing higher gravity in Bm then boil in keggle?
Not going for higher gravity. The addition of a boil kettle means that I can get two brews done in a shorter brew day.

Mash brew 1 in the BM and transfer to the keggle for the boil. Then start mashing brew 2 in the BM whilst brew 1 is boiling.

The small boiler on the left is just right for sparge/make up water for the BM.

This is my answer the 3V V's BM argument. Both....................... :ph34r:

Heads up - searched high and low for the castors... Finally found some and couldn't buy them... Turns out they are on recall. Everyone is coy on why - refining the product. They said they will have new ones out mid sept.

Shopping trolley wheels perhaps ? .

I have used 25x25 galv angle from Bunnings. I have these set up as cross rails lined up with the base legs of the burner. Works an absolute treat. I will chuck in a photo this arvo.

Don't use aluminium... Its strength at propane burning temperatures is like plastic.

Whoops, didn't see this last page.

SimoB, the wood looks awesome! Good job.

Adr_0 said:
Whoops, didn't see this last page.

SimoB, the wood looks awesome! Good job.
Thanks man! Had a few brews on it now, looking a little weathered now haha... Still work great. I'm in the process of relocating my Pumps and chiller... ahhhh the joys of a brew rig.

G'day fellas, has anyone mounted burners to these stands? I currently run a gravity feed 3v with gas burners under the hlt and kettle. Would the mesh hold up to the burner blasting away underneath? Is there away of adding support for the kegs and not have the mesh?ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1410469070.336031.jpg

lael said:
Heads up - searched high and low for the castors... Finally found some and couldn't buy them... Turns out they are on recall. Everyone is coy on why - refining the product. They said they will have new ones out mid sept.
Well it's november now and I was planning on building the same stand as mjad and yep, can't find the castors anywhere.... anyone found an alternative?

edit: found a mob selling these: http://castorsolutions.com.au/21-e21enrs.html

any chance anyone can measure the plate on their rack it castors? cheers

zeggie said:
Well it's november now and I was planning on building the same stand as mjad and yep, can't find the castors anywhere.... anyone found an alternative?

edit: found a mob selling these: http://castorsolutions.com.au/21-e21enrs.html

any chance anyone can measure the plate on their rack it castors? cheers
I've been keeping in contact with the Rack It company and have been told that the revised castors will be in stores next month. I hope so....hanging out to build my brew stand!!

lmyers said:
I've been keeping in contact with the Rack It company and have been told that the revised castors will be in stores next month. I hope so....hanging out to build my brew stand!!
Finally! Finding suitable castors has been a PITA

Has there been any further news on the rack it castors? Hoping to grab some for my setup ASAP

For those of you who are interested, I just popped into the big green shed today and they have the rack it castors in stock.

Back