Brew Software

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use beertools, not the pro, just the standard ( i think! ). It must be the simplest brewing software to use ever. I tried promash and a few others but got confused very quickly. I honestly think you don't need super fancy software. But that's me, im all about KISS.

Hi Ed, welcome aboard! :icon_cheers:

If you're looking for code or algorithms, then StrangeBrew Java may be useful, it is open source but now seems stagnant. I'm not a developer myself, just a lowly sysadmin, but I'd be stoked to see someone pick up that application and do something with it, the guts of it is there but it is a little rough around the edges, however I do use it for my recipating and am happy enough with it as is.

Which ever way you go, BeerXML should be useful to support.

Good luck, I'm sure there's plenty of support out there for this sort of thing, but hey- don't let it get in the way of your brewing! :beerbang:

Hey all, new to the forum and relatively new to the hobby. Have only done a few extract and fresh wort brews but looking to get into BIAB. I also happen to be a relatively experience Android developer.

How much interest is there in an Android app? Would there be a group of people willing to help define and test an application for brewing (I don't have the brewing experience to match the dev skills)?

If you have an iphone or ipad i would go with a program called ibrew master. It compares to promash in functionality... but is more user friendly and has a real "sleek" look about it. I used beersmith for two years on my laptop and it is just so refreshing to be able to use your recipes to create batches instead of having to modify your original recipe, not to mention all the australian grains and hops being preloaded. Its a shame they haven't made a version for pc's really!

Can't seem to run it on the new mac though bugger it, not the biggest fan on the iphone screen, but stoked I found it via this forum as I was worried I wouldn't find a replacement for brewmate. Agree, it's a very smooth system. Needs BIAB functionality - missing some key hops, such as galaxy, but you can proxy pretty easily and add notes for the memory.

I use iBrewMaster on my iPad, took a while to add all my Beersmith recipes by hand as the import functionally is limited by it's a very well done app. The timers for additions etc are great on brew day.

My only criticism is that it does not have an inventory function like Beersmith so you can't keep track of your grain, hops etc quantities.

Latest posts

Back