Brew Rig Options

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats looking mint, cant wait to see pics from the first brew day :D

It would appear that all of that beautifully hand crafted stainless steel in such close proximity is causing a curvature of space-time. When you add the 200L conical, it will reach critical mass and create a singularity. Time will start to run in reverse, the universe will collaspe in on itsself, and life will cease to exist as we know it, and it will all be your fault! :D

It would appear that all of that beautifully hand crafted stainless steel in such close proximity is causing a curvature of space-time. When you add the 200L conical, it will reach critical mass and create a singularity. Time will start to run in reverse, the universe will collaspe in on itsself, and life will cease to exist as we know it, and it will all be your fault! :D

Damn those birds and their time travel! :lol:

So could be the last update for a week or so, Jetskiing tomorrow, work next 2 nights, Djing sat night and milling timber on Sunday.
I have no idea why this Brewery has taken almost two and a half years! :huh:

Today I fabricated the false bottom, not super happy with it as it was a ******* to weld and there is a bit of a gap, but will do for now.

fbook_100406_70.JPG

Cheers..

It's alive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the pic I've been hangering to see! fisheye lens again, nice. Mabee a ss washer around the stem, and a big one around the outside would fill in the gaps and provide strength?

Any chance of a benny hill remix of the timelapse video? That would be so funny :lol: Might need someone chasing you around in circles though.

Look into my mash tun, you are under my command.....

Does that need a few kg counterweight? Looks great. Youll be able to start you own pub and supply others with that. 4 batches a day, 4 days a week, 2 week cycle. 36 fermenters? 300 kegs?

Thats the pic I've been hangering to see! fisheye lens again, nice. Mabee a ss washer around the stem, and a big one around the outside would fill in the gaps and provide strength?

Any chance of a benny hill remix of the timelapse video? That would be so funny :lol: Might need someone chasing you around in circles though.

Look into my mash tun, you are under my command.....

Does that need a few kg counterweight? Looks great. Youll be able to start you own pub and supply others with that. 4 batches a day, 4 days a week, 2 week cycle. 36 fermenters? 300 kegs?

I think i might just try again, I was a bit excited.. It has a frame underneath for stability.
Maybe on brew day there will sure be some stupid antics so the benny hill soundtrack will be saved for that..

No counterweight, there is a linear actuator that holds it in place and tips it out (not connected in video).

Well I hope to have it in a bar or small brewery, maybe with a BIG brewhouse out the back eventually.Too small to make a living off, but will be great for special brews, would love to put it on a trailer and take it to events, shows, brew for beer clubs, that sort of thing, then I can just sell the wort. All legit..ish...
I brew 4 U? oh wait that's already been done.. :lol:
Got to have goals.

Today I fabricated the false bottom, not super happy with it as it was a ******* to weld and there is a bit of a gap, but will do for now.

Quick question - why do you need rakes in a small mashtun like that ?

What do they do ?

Quick question - why do you need rakes in a small mashtun like that ?

What do they do ?

They're going to mix during mash-in, get rid of chunks, then when I tip they will break up the spent grain.

Not to mention help keep even temp with in the mash bed. I like the fact it reverses just like the bigger brewery that i have played with. How are you controlling the speed of the rakes? Is it with the software you have?

Keep the build up great work....

Not to mention help keep even temp with in the mash bed. I like the fact it reverses just like the bigger brewery that i have played with. How are you controlling the speed of the rakes? Is it with the software you have?

Keep the build up great work....

Yeah that's another good point,
The speed and direction is controlled by a (VSD) Variable Speed Drive which is linked to the (PLC) Programmable Logic Controller. So the logic I write into the PLC will control speed duration and direction..
Cheers.

What are your thoughts on these Blichmann 42 gallon fermenters. At $1400 us with tri-clover fittings they are quite expensive but I'm running out of options..
LINK

At above $1K you will be paying gst and customs duty - I got a call from UPS demanding AU$211 for my AU$1450 purchase from the US. Not to mention the freight - charged US$562 for air freight from US for 156KG, plus pickup from airport. One could double the US price for transport to get a reasonable idea for fast deliver of high mass and volume packages. Sea freight came up as US$360 or so from freightquote.com

It doesnt say that it is pressure capable like you mentioned before that you want. I hear it is the bees nees in terms of brands, but wouldnt you want a jacketed design for glycol cooling?

I trust you are looking at greys online, and there was another international one I found but cant locate it atm.

I have had a lot to do with importing jetski parts, it is a hassle but there are ways.....They are pressure capable, what pressure i not sure... I think im going to struggle to find jacketed fermenters at this size..

You could probably weld cooling pipes to the outside to make it jacketed anyway right?

Make sure you ask as many questions as possible before buying - but that does seem cheap for such a huge volume. Get very detailed specs in writing first - I was very dissapointed to see the low bore of my pinch valves because I didnt ask enough questions before buying.

What volume will you be producing exactly? Surely not 42 gallons?

Jonathon,
Here is a link from a local mob that has these in stock. They also have a reference to the net fermentation volume being 140 liters while the gross size is listed as 159 liters. I suppose it will depend on how lively the fermentation is as there isn't much space between 140 and 159 liters. I have trouble fermenting 40 liters in a 46 liter fermenter when it is a wheat beer.

Here is the link to their list that highlights net volume as well as pricing for their 27 gallon fermenter - http://www.ibrew.com.au/html/equipment/beerequipmentset.html

The Blichmann series have a great reputation so I would suggest their fermenters will also be top notch.

Cheers

Roller

I will be producing form 150L - 200L per brew so the Blichmann will probably be on the small side.

I'll send www.barrybrown.com.au a message see how I go.

Just on that, I'm fairly disappointed with the replies or lack of from businesses I have emailed in regards to fermenters.
Not sure if I don't sound serious enough or a too smaller fish either way it's looking like building my own is going to be less frustrating and probably cheaper.

Anyone know the legalities of sanitary welding? Can I do it and get it inspected?
Also pressure testing, I know the owners of a local dive shop that can pressure test and stamp them for me, is this all that's required?

Cheers..

Latest posts

Back