Brew In A Bucket Why Not Indeed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the pump is what i'm most interested in. i'll probably buy the same bucket this weekend.. give it a go..

lifting a 10kg bag sucks. hopefully a bucket is easier. (hoist)

Mark you are a spendthrift - I've spent $15 (Masters Bucket and a Woolies Strainer).
Hang on, just remembered I got some Araldite to do the handle.
And a snap lock.

Oh dear the bailiffs are on their way :(

A.F. get the shorter wider bucket from normal hardware store or Masters, not the Bunnings Handi pail which is taller and thinner, if you are going to put it in an urn.

Heh, my bucket was $13 and my splatter guard was $6 Bribie.

Actually going into Ikea was so painful though. Argh, I hate that place.

ill see what i can find.. i have a 80lt pot so will see how this works in that.

Hey Bribie / Nala

How are you going with your bucket in urn brewing?
Are you still doing it this way?
Anything you would do different?

I have been putting together a plan for a single vessel bucket in pot system, to replace the infamous bag. As I live in a small rental apartment, space is precious, and mounting pulleys and skyhooks and so on is not an option. So I'm coming up with a way for the bucket to be suspended in the pot at various heights. I will recirculate the liquid from the tap in the pot back up to the top of the mash, while ramping up the step mashes, and at the end for filtering. I can sparge by just pouring water into the top of the bucket while it's suspended.

Unfortunately I'm going away for a couple of weeks so the project will have to wait. When I do it I'll put up some pics, assuming it all works.

Back