Brew Day In Bundaberg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All power to your bags :beerbang:

I sympathise with Clean Brewer, I also work nearly every Saturday and Winkle is having a brew day on the 26th as well, down this a way. :(

Be sure to post piccies of the rig in action, can't wait.

He who holds thy bag shall drink thy spoil

Looks like a pretty good start to me, hope Gregs has his weetbix for breaky.
Thunus, why don't you cut the threaded pipe down so the ball valve is closer to the boiler wall? Or is there a reason it's like that?

Cheers
Andrew

Just born lazy I guess. :rolleyes:

I'll cut it back this week.
We are also going to build a stand to get it above cube hight and a lifting frame like kev's

Just born lazy I guess. :rolleyes:

I'll cut it back this week.
We are also going to build a stand to get it above cube hight and a lifting frame like kev's

That's what he thinks

Well the brew rig has had it's first work out. 100% smooth; ready for the brew day.

brew_rig_action.JPG
Added some captions for those down south, missing out :icon_chickcheers:

QldKev

Awesome Kev, can't wait to see it in action, come on Saturday!

Andrew

Kev that looks the ducks guts, how did the burn-in go with your paint & what's the hight of the mast ( I should know the answer to that question) looks like it could be cut down maybe?

Kev that looks the ducks guts, how did the burn-in go with your paint & what's the hight of the mast ( I should know the answer to that question) looks like it could be cut down maybe?

One happy quacker!!

The paint had no problems at all - after the two runs; first just a water boil test on monday, and then a brew yesterday you can't even see it was used, pitty about the boil over on the other paint :blink:

The height at the current adjustment is 232cm overall (measured by my son :huh: , but as you can see in the pic I could get a lower setting. This was the max height I could get under the roof where I brew and hopefully should allow for the 82L keggle.

QldKev

Kev If that measurment is correct then it should go under my garage ceiling at 240cm, cool. Bring on brew day.

Kev If that measurment is correct then it should go under my garage ceiling at 240cm, cool. Bring on brew day.

Doh!, I just measured it myself. 2.45m :(

I'll be out in the wind by myself :blink: :blink:
I'll bring my drill bits just in case

QldKev

All power to your bags :beerbang:

I sympathise with Clean Brewer, I also work nearly every Saturday and Winkle is having a brew day on the 26th as well, down this a way. :(

Be sure to post piccies of the rig in action, can't wait.

Yes, its very frustrating Bribie, all these brew-days/get togethers/bbqs/piss-ups and cant get to most/any of them.... :(

Its ok though, Ive got the biggest event of the year in my sights thats for sure.... :party:

CB

Doh!, I just measured it myself. 2.45m :(

I'll be out in the wind by myself :blink: :blink:
I'll bring my drill bits just in case

QldKev

Kev youve got heaps of adjustment in that rig, just measure the hight your happy with at home and lower it from that point. That way you have the best of both worlds.

Well just 5 sleeps to go until brew day and we enjoy good beer, good food and great company.
The up dated list for the day is as follows.

Greg & Deb + the in-laws + friends steaks for the BBQ, antipasto, cured beef & porchetta +2 kegs extract only Friends bringing oven baked marinated wings

Andrew & Lisa (Staying overnight) couple of kilos of homemade snags for the BBQ +2 kegs- Cromwell Bitter and Bosuns Best Bitter + bread rolls.

Kev & Julie + Rita & Rob chicken plater & salad+1 keg Aussie Ale and new brew rig

Mark & Gail (Staying overnight) 2 kegs, one Wheat beer + another and potato salad & coleslaw

Scott & Trace marinated bacon wrapped prawns & I think fried Prosciutto wrapped blue cheese thingy's + two kegs

Dave staying for a few hours + some beers for the fridge (I hope he stays longer)

Batz - with swag - a maybe, although we all hope is a will be?

If there's anything I've missed please let me know, I've posted our address and directions to everyone, if you haven't received them let me know in A H B meetings( brew day in Bundaberg thread) and I'll re send you the directions.

Don't forget if you feel like a dip then bring ya togs. Deb & I are looking forward to catching up, and meeting some new friends. See you all on the day, oh and there's still room if more people want to stay, just bring your swag. Cheers.

Tomorrow is the day!

Gail will make potato salad today, I will make coleslaw.

I am going up to the shed to keg a wheat beer in a few minutes.

I don't see any sweets on the list so I will bake a carrot cake as well today.

So busy, thank god I don't work :D

Looking forward to a great day....and be in the presents of the king brewer of Qld :p

Cheers,
Bud

Tomorrows the day so Ive cured the beef (made it more like a jerky style this time) seasoned and rolled the Pochetta ready to roast tonight, Debs making Scotch eggs and has organised Prosciutto & coppa for the anti Pasto. All glasses & taps have been cleaned & one fridge was re-plumbed. Just need to pick up the rib fillet and Kevs brew rig on the way home, set up Scott's fridge tomorrow morning and Bobs ya uncle. Cant wait to see you guys again, oh - and Ive heard through the grape vine that we will be in prestigious company tomorrow, is that right Andrew, congratulations on your brewing efforts.

I may be to shy to bring my keg now, with Andrew being there!!!

I'm bringing food as above and my sister is cooking some homemade sausage rolls

QldKev

I may be to shy to bring my keg now, with Andrew being there!!!

I'm bringing food as above and my sister is cooking some homemade sausage rolls

QldKev

Don't be shy Kev it's a brew day not a beer judging comp, it's all about good company and that's what you guys are.

Hmmm, no comment.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow
Might be bringing the Cromwell and a Bosuns or CSA not decided yet.
3 Kilos of home made Bratwurst, a couple of dozen crusty rolls some sauerkraut and some mustard as well.

Cheers
Andrew

Hmmm, no comment.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow
Might be bringing the Cromwell and a Bosuns or CSA not decided yet.
3 Kilos of home made Bratwurst, a couple of dozen crusty rolls some sauerkraut and some mustard as well.

Cheers
Andrew

Andrew,
should do a brewday-phone link about 5pm {thats if we can find anyone who can- a) speak coherently & B) operate the phone}. Plenty of heavy weight beers on tap here. Sounds like a tasty spread up there, have a good one. :icon_chickcheers:
Winkle

Andrew,
should do a brewday-phone link about 5pm {thats if we can find anyone who can- a) speak coherently & B) operate the phone}. Plenty of heavy weight beers on tap here. Sounds like a tasty spread up there, have a good one. :icon_chickcheers:
Winkle

I was going to PM you Perry and ask if you would be interested as well.
What do you think Gregs, fancy a long distance brew day chat?

Andrew

Back