Brew Day In Bundaberg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pic up load is playing up - or is it me?

Sometimes I can see the pics and sometimes I can't. Hey Greg's the Scott that came along isn't Scott Norval by any chance? If so I tell him I know hime from 'down south'. He's too ashamed to admit he was in the navy these days.

One pic appeared with some very nervous non happy looking female onlookers, arms folded etc. Looks like they were expecting an explosion :lol: Then the pic disappeared. C'mon Greg sober up!

Thanks Gregs and Deb. Another great brew day....or should it be called a feast???

Food all day long, and so many different things. Just amazing.

Great beers (after all, the stated champ was in attendance) and great to meet the new faces.

Welcome to the dark side Scott...now you need to get busy to fill that kegerator of yours, it is a beauty.

Gregs, some pics are coming up and others are not...
I have a few to post later.

Cheers,
Bud

Brew_Day_26_Sept_09_028.jpg

Attachments

• Brew_Day_26_Sept_09_010.jpg
    Brew_Day_26_Sept_09_010.jpg
    104.6 KB
I add my thanks to our hosts and all for their great company...

And for those who can remember we undertook an important task yesterday. The gathering took the ongoing education of the Male Child called Ben in hand and comprised a list.

This list shall henceforth be known as :-The Bundy Brewday "Let's Teach Ben to Spell" Flashcards ... (Coming to all good children's education stores.... soon....)

A is for Ale

B is for Barley or even Bitter or Brix

C is for is for Cascade or was it Cromwell

D is for Dortmunder

E is for English Special Bitter

F is for Fuggles

G is for Grain

H is for Hops

I is for India Pale Ale

J is for James Squires

K is for Keg (No! K is not for KIT for the gathering forbade that the Ben child should ever follow that path)

L is for Lager

M is for Malt

N is for Nugget

O is for

P is for

Q is for

R is for Russian Imperial Stout

S is for

T is for Tettnang

U is for

V is for

W is for Wort

X is for Xcellent beer that his Daddy will henceforth make

Y is for Yangtze where the Chinese hops might come from

Z is for

And something must have happened to my memory as I cannot recall them all.... maybe it was something I ate :eek:

Can anyone remember the others and amend the cards?

(p.s. Ben is Scott and Tracey's son who turns the BIG FIVE today)

The Brewers Wife

Ok Kev's sorted out the up load problem, the refresh in explorer was turned off, so there's some more action shots.Brew_Day_26_Sept_09_008.jpg

All done and packed up one cube of Vienna Larger and a Dr Smertos Golden AleBrew_Day_26_Sept_09_027.jpg

I see where the barbed fitting for draining ended up

QldKev

That's a keen eye you have Kev, maybe Scott should open his? And I love the brew in a boot , makes you a portable brewing machine.

What a great day!
Thanks to Gregs and Deb for the use of their house.
Thanks to QLDKev for the grain , hops, instruction and above all else the motivation to try BIAB.
One smell of that mash and you could never go back.
Thanks to everyone else for the advise and the chance to taste real quality beer.

Hey and wasn't it great to see Gregs keg washer in action (he even gassed the 3 kegs before i took them home clean!)

PS. I still have half a keg of Dutch Lager (Kit) That tastes nothing like AndrewQLD's Cromwell if anyone wants to try some more :lol:

Just put two and two together. Should have known who you were by the fishing related nick, how are ya Scotty? Welcome to the boards. Still keep in touch with any ex pussa mates, what about Dave Hagar or Pete Whittam? I am still in contact with Crill Dog who is still in Saudi working on Tornados and Scoota and Warren Moore.

Have to get you out to sunny Agnes for a brew day and maybe even a fish.

Cheers and beers
Henno

securityrisk2.jpg

gday guys,

looks like a good day was had by all, my apologies for not fronting, I took the family to Noosa and Aus Zoo for the weekend and forgot all about it.

cheers
Yard

Back