Braumeister 20l - Volume Into Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfxm

Reaction score
Hi peoples,

I'm tempted by one of the Braumeister 20 litre systems but was hoping someone who brews on the system could let me know what final volumes they are actually getting into their fermenter. I read that with a "normal beer" it can produce 25 litres of wort but I wanted to make sure as ultimately I am hoping to fill 21 litre casks with 3% to 6% ale.

If anyone can help out with some figures, that'd be great.

Cheers!

Tom

Hi peoples,

I'm tempted by one of the Braumeister 20 litre systems but was hoping someone who brews on the system could let me know what final volumes they are actually getting into their fermenter. I read that with a "normal beer" it can produce 25 litres of wort but I wanted to make sure as ultimately I am hoping to fill 21 litre casks with 3% to 6% ale.

If anyone can help out with some figures, that'd be great.

Cheers!

Tom
Hi Tom, had mine for about 5 brews, getting about 20-23 liters into the fermenter.

Awesome, thanks for the fast reply ... I guess you could do some tricks like diluting a bit with boiling water before starting the full boil? Or rinsing the grain with a little extra water after the mash cycle?

G,day Tom im getting around 20l with a few litres of trub and break material left in the bottom
Cheers humulus

haha ... nothing like a fresh pint of cask ale ...

This is starting to spin me out guys, don't you use brewing software?
If you want 25lt into your fermenter no matter if you have a Braumeister, BIAB, or a home built system that's what you need to end up with, otherwise you missed it.
Using a Braumeister you may need to top up the water just before the boil, you should know how much to add and then obtain your projected O.G. If this is not happening you can never brew the beer your trying to brew.

Mr. Grumpy

This is starting to spin me out guys, don't you use brewing software?
If you want 25lt into your fermenter no matter if you have a Braumeister, BIAB, or a home built system that's what you need to end up with, otherwise you missed it.
Using a Braumeister you may need to top up the water just before the boil, you should know how much to add and then obtain your projected O.G. If this is not happening you can never brew the beer your trying to brew.

Mr. Grumpy

exactly what I was thinking :rolleyes:

I understand this ... liquor back, no problem.
I was just wondering what peoples experiences were with the system.

Start with 24 litres, sparge with about 4 or 5 litres of fresh boiled-and-cooled-a-bit water, and you should pretty much come out bang on 20 or 21 litres and reach your OG. Well, it works for me on a 60 minute boil, anyway. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back