Brand spanking new to Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Escape4rtist

Reaction score
Hi all,

Decided it was time to save some money and do my own brews. After doing a couple of craft brewery tours I've decided on doing All Grain brews, so wish me luck!

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome....

If you haven't already,I recommend you read www.howtobrew.com from virtual cover to virtual cover!

Escape4rtist said:
Decided it was time to save some money and do my own brews.

I've decided on doing All Grain brews
Hahahahahahaha.

You'll get the joke in a couple years.

But seriously, welcome.

Escape4rtist said:
Hi all,

Decided it was time to save some money and do my own brews. After doing a couple of craft brewery tours I've decided on doing All Grain brews, so wish me luck!

Nice to meet you all.
Pity the fool who thinks going All Grain is cheaper....mmmwwwuuuhhahahahaha

May your path to AG brewing be lined with shiny things made of stainless steel

Welcome!!! I would suggest BIAB as an easy and cheap way to get into AG brewing.

AG brewing is only expensive for people who can't help themselves

Its a hard game the All Grain brewing

It can be absolutely devastating

It can be ok ,allright , not bad.

It can also be FUCKEN marvelous as Richie used to say

Maybe without the first bit before marvelous

But whatever you do don't give in & you will have some success

There's a reason people say you won't go back to Extract brewing once you start All Grain. But brewing with Extract is a great way to get the basic techniques right ie cleaning, sanitising, priming, bottling, chugging

Some of the best beers I have had came from simple K&K. Its all about the basics

Ducatiboy stu said:
Some of the best beers I have had came from simple K&K. Its all about the basics
Can't argue with this. I had a Mangrove Jacks Helles Pilsener which included a dry hop (can't remember which - maybe Citra?) and it was fantastic. But nothing beats the satisfaction of tweaking your own recipe to see what comes out the other end (and having it not taste like p1ss)

Latest posts

Back