Bottling the brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loot

Reaction score
I have a question relating to the best time to bottle my beer.

I currently have my fermenter in the fridge set at 20 degrees. It has been fermenting for a week and I have had stable hydrometer readings over the last few days. Usually I would bottle the beer now however I have been reading that it is a good idea to leave the beer for a few more days to clean up any nasties in the brew.

I want to put another brew on in my second fermenter asap but I only have room for 1 fermenter in my fridge. My question is will brew 1 be ok sitting out of the fridge under my house, this is around 20-26 degrees depending on the weather, or will the beer be negatively affected by the higher temp.

:)

Should be fine loot. Temp control is more critical in the early / middle stages of the ferment, not so much at the end. If it does get to the early / mid 20's under your house it will effectively act as a diacetyl rest which will be beneficial.

The best time to bottle your beer is to leave it in the fermenter for a couple of weeks before bottling it.. It will affect the taste of the beer. Trust me

Thanks for the replies,

One more thing though, I live in Brisbane and we can get some really hot and humid weather. If the temp gets to 35 degrees I may well have temps of up to 30 degrees under the house. Will this be an issue??

I wouldn't leave my fermenter under the house to get up to 30 to 35 degrees. You're not brewing a Saison.

What's wrong with just another week in the fridge, then bottle it? It will only do good things for your beer.

Patience is a good friend when you're brewing.

Back