Bottling lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacskon

Reaction score
Heya,

I brewed a Munich lager with a lager yeast for a few weeks at ~14 degrees celsius. I bottled it 1.5 weeks ago and have been keeping it at ~14 degrees. Should I look to move it to warmer temperatures are the 2 week mark or try and leave it at the same temperature?

OG was 1040
Before bottling it was ~1012

Cheers,

Jackson

Gday. Not sure if this is what you're worried about, but you won't get off flavours from bottle conditioning at a higher temperature than the recommended ferment temperatures within reason. Get the bottles carbed up as warm as reasonable, but below 35C (2 weeks should be fine) and then back to as close to 1C as soon as possible for lagering. Crack one before you put them in the fridge to check that they seem fully carbed.

From my recollection reading Yeast by Chris White and Jamily Zainasheff, most of the off flavours are caused by not fermenting at the correct temperature during the exponential growth phase of the yeast, which is why you generally temperature control during the first few days and then raise for a diacytyl rest.

Latest posts

Back