Bottle Cleaning

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave1981

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if u got any ideas on how to drain bottles after cleaning
i intend to get a bottle tree but cant afford it now and i need to clean the bottles tommorow

thanks dave

can anyone tell me if u got any ideas on how to drain bottles after cleaning
i intend to get a bottle tree but cant afford it now and i need to clean the bottles tommorow

thanks dave
A bit of MDF/ply, 50mm holesaw and a couple of milk crates to keep them off the ground. No need for a bottle tree. Had to bottle today for the first time in ages, man it sucked.

A bit of MDF/ply, 50mm holesaw and a couple of milk crates to keep them off the ground. No need for a bottle tree. Had to bottle today for the first time in ages, man it sucked.
or a piece of Amplimesh security grill does the same without the work.
Tear one off a window if you have to,brewing takes priority over home security.

staggalee.

Hell i just let them dry in the dishrack am i doing something wrong?

Plenty of different methods discussed on here, all seem to work.

I dont own a bottle tree, I just rinse after use, then sanitise prior to bottling. My 2 cents.

I rinse after use, store, then on bottling day I use the no-rinse used on the bulk priming fermenter to sanitise, then just make sure the missus shakes off any drops before she fills them...

Worked so far...

If i have previously bought some bottles from my LHBS I soak them in bleach overnight, bottle brush in the morning, rinse 3x very thouroghly and sanitize. :p

A bread create with wooden dowels screwed with self tappers.

Back