Bondi Spotlight & Swiss Voile

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bizier

Petite Mutant
Reaction score
I just picked up some Swiss Voile from Spotlight, Bondi today. I swear if I spent another second in there, I would be all fruity and wearing my GF's knickers right now. I swear that no-one knew if the stuff existed, nothing was labelled. I looked through lacy crap for a good half hour with no luck, and saw it by chance on my way out.

Now I know why guys mash in a tun... they don't have to do this kinda crap.

So if you happen to need Swiss Voile in Bondi Junkyard, it does exist, though they will tell you otherwise. It is in the middle of the shop with some other fruity-arse fabric, not with all of the other stuff that looks exactly the same.

I need a beer.

Here at Fountain Gate Spotlight I asked 2 of the customer-service ladies, who then ran all over the shop for me before pronouncing that they did not have any and had not seen any since a stock take some time in the distant past. Interesting that they also told you it does not exist but not sure how I could track it myself "fruty-arse fabric" pretty much describes most of what they sell. :)

show em this... thanks afromaiko

Bag_material_spotlight_codes_2.jpgBag_material_spotlight_codes_1.jpg

I never asked the sales assistants... just went straight to the curtain fabrics section and looked

TB

heres my feminine side coming out, what sort of stitching are you using, and what are you using for the stitching, plain old cotton? argh must go do something manly now.

heres my feminine side coming out, what sort of stitching are you using, and what are you using for the stitching, plain old cotton? argh must go do something manly now.
Gutermann 100% polyester thread is the stuff you want. There should be a stand somewhere near the counter in Spotlight and those sort of stores.

Anyone know if something that is marked voile is the same as swiss voile? It is a polyester material, white and looks like sheer curtain. My fabric shop too, did not know the term swiss voile.

A friend does a pseudo-BIAB and he uses a paint bag. They're available in the paint dept of most hardware or home improvement stores.

I just picked up some Swiss Voile from Spotlight, Bondi today. I swear if I spent another second in there, I would be all fruity and wearing my GF's knickers right now. I swear that no-one knew if the stuff existed, nothing was labelled. I looked through lacy crap for a good half hour with no luck, and saw it by chance on my way out.

Im always a bit fascinated when Im dragged into Spotlight. Not for the cloth or anything, but for the people. The place is full of women, but occassionally they are dragging around a sad, borde, old ******* with them. When you look at them, they give you a look of complete regconition, compassion and understanding that Ive never seen anywhere else...

It's like going shopping with the wife for clothes, the smart man will hunt out the "husband chair" which is always located right near the change rooms....

I stood out like dogs balls when I went to spotlight, me with my shaved head and 2yr old daughter in tow, no wife......

Add to that you are essentially looking at curtain fabric...

It is like going to stores where they sell trinkets and incense and perfumes and all that. You see some other poor sap and you feel like going for a 10 min beer with them.

I couldn't believe how hard the Swiss Voile was to find, the label is on the inside of a mushed cardboard roll, and away from every other similar fabric.

Back