Boc Price Hike For Co2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only 5ft tall?! try about 6ft. yup and because they weight a ton. Dave was telling me its b/c its old technology. you get nice light smaller cylenders now and there's no call for them. so until they reach their end of life they go dirt cheap. make sun while the sun shines i say

I just rang BOC, and they said thats not so.Rent for an "F" size bottle is $150 and rent for a "VT" is $134. To fill a "F" is $50.99 and to fill a "VT" is $35.10. I said $35.10, I was just charged $50.55, she said that is $35.10 + handling + GST......= $50.55. So I guess the "F" size would be more like $70 to refill.

Looks like I may go for the Kegs Online?

Steve

maybe i misunderstood Dave. But then agai i dont really care why they are cheap. Dave's got them for that price (supplied by BOC) and as long as its that cheap i'll be renting it. No idea what a refill would cost on my bad boy. a decent amount I imagine. I'll take a photo tonight.

I just rang BOC, and they said thats not so.Rent for an "F" size bottle is $150 and rent for a "VT" is $134. To fill a "F" is $50.99 and to fill a "VT" is $35.10. I said $35.10, I was just charged $50.55, she said that is $35.10 + handling + GST......= $50.55. So I guess the "F" size would be more like $70 to refill.

Looks like I may go for the Kegs Online?

Steve

try ringing a homebrew store that stocks F size and see what the damage is. I reckon BOC just saw you coming a mile away. either that or we are getting dirt cheap prices on F size down here in Vic.

That's about the price you'd pay here in WA, through BOC or Liquid Aire.
I have heard rumours that if you're using a lot of bottles the rent gets a lot cheaper, but that came from a guy going thru a couple of bottles a week in his workshop.

I picked up my 3.5kg fire extinguisher and get my refills for a 6pack of home brew B) Awesome!!

Guy told me id be lucky to carb and dispense 2 kegs out of it :lol: haha, he obviously has no idea..

Don't know how much kegs online are charging, but here in Bundy were paying nearly $10 per kg of CO2 from the LHBS. So the VT being 10kg, would be basically $100 to refill :angry:

But I use about 0.1kg per keg, so it's about $1 per keg. Doesn't sound so bad that way.

QldKev

Love to se a pic of this baby
my F size bottle.
Picture_002.jpg
Picture_001.jpg

I am using three 10Kg bottles a year coupled with rental from BOC thats a tad over five bucks a week. I am looking at cobbling up my compressor and using air to clean out kegs might be a save a bottle on CO2. Alternate options are a bit scarce down here in Tassie.

For the last few years I have happily been using a 3.5kg fire extinguisher which just emptied.. I took it back to the 'place' that I always take it to and they wouldnt fill it for me. The guy said it was some 'old' type of cylinder which was dangerous and he didnt want to fill it for that reason...

I tend to believe him as he was pretty helpful in trying to find alternatives for me. He offered to do a new fire extinguisher for $200 but I didnt want to spend that much on a bodge solution..

Seems that the mykegonlegs option is the go - $279 for a 4.5 kg cylinder then $30 fills.. anyone have any better suggestions for sydney (north) ?

cheers

Seems that the mykegonlegs option is the go - $279 for a 4.5 kg cylinder then $30 fills.. anyone have any better suggestions for sydney (north) ?

cheers

Where are you getting that price?
I was looking on daveshomebrew.com.au and
I have noticed that MKOL 6.8kg has gone up in price from 299 to 329, so the 279 might be a tad higher?

Where are you getting that price?
I was looking on daveshomebrew.com.au and
I have noticed that MKOL 6.8kg has gone up in price from 299 to 329, so the 279 might be a tad higher?

Interesting.. just checked daveshomebrew & yes they def have them listed for 329.

I was gettting mine straight from the horses mouth - http://www.mykegonlegs.com.au/co2Cylinders.html

hmm... & I was most likely going to get mine from Dave's too !

anyone know where near campbelltown i can get a 3.5kg fire extinguisher tested and filled and how much it should cost?

I am using three 10Kg bottles a year coupled with rental from BOC thats a tad over five bucks a week. I am looking at cobbling up my compressor and using air to clean out kegs might be a save a bottle on CO2. Alternate options are a bit scarce down here in Tassie.

30kg of gas a year ...

1kg = 4 kegs gassed & dispensed

30 x 4 = 120 kegs a year

120 kegs x 19 litres = 2,280 litres

2,280 litres / 365 days = 6.24 litres /day

6.24 lites / 425ml = 14 schooners / day

sorry about this, but just want to know, hows your liver ?

anyone know where near campbelltown i can get a 3.5kg fire extinguisher tested and filled and how much it should cost?

Let me know if you find a place.. id like to pick a fire extinguisher up also.

30kg of gas a year ...

1kg = 4 kegs gassed & dispensed

30 x 4 = 120 kegs a year

120 kegs x 19 litres = 2,280 litres

2,280 litres / 365 days = 6.24 litres /day

6.24 lites / 425ml = 14 schooners / day

sorry about this, but just want to know, hows your liver ?

Have'nt checked your maths,but who cares?

I don't see where it was stated, consumed by one person.May be a leak,filtering with co2 ect ect. :rolleyes:

3 X 10kg = 30kg (yes basic maths)
I'm using about 100g per keg including gassing and dispense...

So thats 300 kegs at 18L per year = 5400L
5400L / 52 weeks = 103.84L week
14.83L day... now thats a party house......

QldKev

Picked up my fire extinguisher today 5kg for $150, refills $35 plus some beer samples.
Just need to get the appropriate fitting between the regulator and bottle.
BOC will get their gas bottle back next week... not more rent - Yay! :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back