Boc Price Hike For Co2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJW

As you must brew, so you must drink
Reaction score
I just went to BOC to get a new VT size Co2 bottle and was charged.......$50.55
Does antone know the price of those brew shop filled bottles? I know I would need to buy a bottle first for around $300 though.
Even with a slow leak for a few months I still carbed up and dispenced 24 kegs of beer with the bottle.

Steve

Filled from Air Liquide about a month back and was charged ~$30. A bottle of oxygen in the same size was $48. Still, the rentals have gone up.

Steve,

I'm sure MHB would give you a good deal on exchanges.

cheers Ross

How much in BOC rental and refill in Qld. these days?

Steve,

I'm sure MHB would give you a good deal on exchanges.

cheers Ross

I think when this one runs out I will buy one from Mark and just get him to re-fill. I guess its time to be frugal with my Co2 as well as everything else now.

Steve

I paid $140~ odd for rental for a year and $58~ refills.. (thats in bendigo / victoria)

How much in BOC rental and refill in Qld. these days?

I just got a Full bottle and it was $43.68(D SIZE), the rental is still $10-12 a month, I havnt received my 3 monthly invoice yet and ive had it for 3 1/2 months...

I paid $140~ odd for rental for a year and $58~ refills.. (thats in bendigo / victoria)

My mykegonlegs has already paid for itself in saved rental. I procrastinated about it for ages, but now I'm very glad. Been a while since I refilled/exchanged it, so I don't know how much that'll be.

Same

My original mykegonlegs fill lasted about 9 months and the first refill has lasted me almost a year now

So that's 300 originally + 45 fill = $345

Less say a $200 resale value on the bottle - that's about $145 for 2 years gas

It's comparable to a 1 year BOC hire for 2 years benefit - succeeding years is gonna be where it'll be miles ahead value wise

Cheers

I got a 5kg fire extinguisher and get it filled at Chubb for $30. Sweet as!

- Snow

i have one of the gigantic BOC steel bottles that weight about 100kg. $20 a year in rent. should last 2 years before a refill. im laughing. well until they hike up the price. then its buying my own bottle.

i have one of the gigantic BOC steel bottles that weight about 100kg. $20 a year in rent. should last 2 years before a refill. im laughing. well until they hike up the price. then its buying my own bottle.

Jeez mate you must use a lot of gas! My 5kg jobby lasts me 2 years! (and that's going through around 20 kegs a year) Yours would last me around 40 years. :eek:

- Snow

Jeez mate you must use a lot of gas! My 5kg jobby lasts me 2 years! (and that's going through around 20 kegs a year) Yours would last me around 40 years. :eek:

- Snow

Mine lasts 12 months Snow. Would you mind PM'ing me the address of the Chubbs you took your bottle to?

TP

Why is rent so cheap on those big suckers? are they the ones that are about 5 feet tall?

only 5ft tall?! try about 6ft. yup and because they weight a ton. Dave was telling me its b/c its old technology. you get nice light smaller cylenders now and there's no call for them. so until they reach their end of life they go dirt cheap. make sun while the sun shines i say

Why is rent so cheap on those big suckers? are they the ones that are about 5 feet tall?

yes they are huge! thats why rents so cheap cause no one wants them. two or three man job getting it in and out of a car.

I just went to BOC to get a new VT size Co2 bottle and was charged.......$50.55
Does antone know the price of those brew shop filled bottles? I know I would need to buy a bottle first for around $300 though.
Even with a slow leak for a few months I still carbed up and dispenced 24 kegs of beer with the bottle.

Steve
My local homebrew shop sold me my cylinder for $250, although I am at work and not sure on size. I was told that I could expect it to last 12-14 kegs. All I have to do is swap it at the shop for another for $35. I am in Perth. Seems like a pretty easy system.

Ben

Fents should know, he watched (with a beer in his hand i might add), as Dave and I struggled to fit into the back of my Rav4.

Love to se a pic of this baby

Back