Blood everywhere .. The bottle went BANG

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff, John.

Whilst I can't abide Slander & Gordon (you know my "work" background), they'll have the resources to get you what you need.

Good luck with it.

If you only get a scar then it prob wont be worth chasing...if it causes perm damage ie restricted use etc then you may get something.

MartinOC said:
Good stuff, John.Whilst I can't abide Slander & Gordon (you know my "work" background), they'll have the resources to get you what you need.Good luck with it.
Ok I'll bite. What was/is your "work" background?

MartinOC, on 13 Feb 2014 - 4:52 PM, said:
MartinOC said:
Good stuff, John.Whilst I can't abide Slander & Gordon (you know my "work" background), they'll have the resources to get you what you need.Good luck with it.
Ok I'll bite. What was/is your "work" background?

Manwhore of course

I just locked the door and turned out the lights...

YOU CAN"T GET ME

wide eyed and legless said:
Stay away from no win no charge, I went with them to mediation against QBE before we went in my solicitor was telling me to back off and accept $2000, saying if we get that we will be lucky.
Went before the mediator, the mediator and my brief never said a word, I argued my case against the QBE solicitor and they agreed to pay me $21,600.
The solicitors supposedly acting on my behalf then put out their hands for 20%, I paid them 10% and told them they were lucky to be getting that.
Small claims would also be one way to go but I think you would be only able to claim out of pocket expenses.
Your solicitor isn't allowed to charge a percentage of the settlement and you should report them to the regulator (Legal Services Commissioner in Victoria).

That's how no win no charge works, you agree to pay the 20% that is what they get, in my case the solicitor who accompanied me said not one word, that's why I only gave them 10%

Could vary from state to state but here in Qld contingency based (ie %) cost agreements are definitely illegal. Speculative (no win no fee) cost agreements are usually at a higher rate than usual to cover the firms risk but that's it.

Well it must be Victoria, I think I read somewhere that they, (Slater & Gordon)have opened offices in the U.K and are doing very well with the same concept. The company I went through was not Slater & Gordon.

Back