Bitter & Twisted and WATB festival 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moodgett

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is a shout out to any AHBers that may be going to either one or both festivals. Would be great to put some faces to names :)
Im going saturday for bitter and twusted and sunday for warners at the bay.

Cheers

Dude, please tune in at the HUB stall at B&T, and identify yourself.

We have a few AHB'ers and a few former AHB contributors too. You'll recognise me from my avatar.

I plan to be there both days, serving my beer.

I'll pop my head in Sunday to HUB, I picked up a card last year and have been trying to get to the meetings since. Useless.

What will you have on tap Les?

The club will have a range of beer on tap. My contribution is likely to be a weizenbier, made with W3638.
Maybe one other beer, depending on time, or my willingness to give up some personal stock (Standard bitter, Eichenweizenbock, Vienna lager, Maibock, lemonade or red cordial, or some roggenbier). I may be close to filling my 10 taps, and the keg freezer is not even complete yet.

It took me a year, a commercial 2 door fermenting fridge and an upgrade from a BM to a 100 L 3v system to fill my 8 keg keezer so I can see why you are hesitant to let go of personal stock.

See you at B&T

Awesome ill be there on saturday. Might have to look at catching up via joining hub?

I'll be at B&T on Saturday and Warners on the Saturday too.

See you there; I look like my profile pic too

I'll be at B & T on Saturday with the HUB crowd.
My contribution is a Brown Porter.

I will be presenting my first commercial offerings at WATB on the Sunday.
One a knock you cross-eyed AIIPA, just to prove its possible to make a balanced one.
The other is a mild (something I've been working on for a couple of years), the aim being a nice beer taste good body and clarity at 2.7%. This version is in a Firkin and will be poured from the cask on the bar.
Might squeeze one more in between now and then...
If your there let me know, I'll look away while your glass is getting filled - oops

Been to most of the WATB shows over the years, I don't believe there is a better beer festival in Oz.
Mark

Itll be awesome to see everyone :) also Mark, you say commercial offerings? Have you opened a new business?
Mate I will be looking forward to it:)

Planning to be at B&T Saturday afternoon.

Will have a couple of beers on offer through the HUB guys stall.
American IPA, A tasty little number, but don't plan to drive.. it's 8%.
150 Lashes clone.

Looking forward to it.

WATB, not sure yet.
I have tasted Marks Mild, very impressed, get a taste of it if you can.

Cheers Steve

Agreed. Bitter & Twisted IS the best Days of the year!!!!!
I will have 2 beers at the festival. Depends on how the days go, maybe one for each day maybe they will both go on Saturday we'll see how we go. Get there an support grass roots brewing.

I'll be serving an American Red Ale & a Stone & Wood pacific clone for the masses.

Should be a good day for all.

Please make your selves known we cant put faces to names if you don't introduce yourselves.

See you guys there today :) bloody gonna be a hot one!!

moodgett said:
See you guys there today :) bloody gonna be a hot one!!
So get there early for a refreshing weizen. If last year is anything to go by, it won't last.

Not sure how the weizenbock will go in the heat, though

Just off to WAB, putting up my first commercial offerings
A Mild at 2.6% that I'm pretty happy with
The 49'er Variation of my 7'C recipe, 7 American C hops and 7 hop additions.
Hope to see some of you there.
Mark

Latest posts

Back