• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Birko 40L Urn For Sale Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pommiebloke

Reaction score
I've got a 40L Birko urn for sale. Exposed element, perfect working order. Only thing is the lid is missing the knob but it's still perfect for BIAB or as a HLT.

I've had a clear out over Xmas and the missus wants stuff gone and as I have 3 urns one has to go (besides which I mostly do 3V now instead of BIAB).

Will throw in a CraftBrewer BIAB bag and false bottom to keep bag off element if you want it for BIAB.

All yours for $150 and a bottle or two of your finest. Pickup northside Brisbane.

urn01.jpg urn02.jpg urn03.jpg

Hi ,

Where abouts on the north side are you? Very interested in the urn.

Michael

Canuck, that's the same model I had, it's a gem and less plasticky than the newer models, with easy to clean element.
Warning: don't be tempted to take the tap apart too often, that top section screws into a metal thread and it's easy to strip it, so if you have to dismantle it, go easy and use some keg lube on the threads.

Cheers to Pommiebloke for the urn (and the awesomely delicious porter/lager tips) I'm so stoked to finally be moving to AG I spent that BBQ looking for an excuse to get home hah! I got myself a bunch of copper tube to build an immersion chiller and I'm gonna run an AG version of my APA recipe as a test run to see how different the world of all-grain really is. :beerbang:

Bribie thanks for the heads up I'll be sure not to tamper with it too much :) I'm also harbouring aspirations of switching it out for a ball lock tap as well so hopefully my time with the stock tap won't be for long :super:

Cheers!
Canuck

Hey Canuck

Just doing a brew today and got in to the beer you left. Just the thing for a hot day in the garage, went down real easy :chug: and quite delicious. Cheers! :kooi:

How did you go popping your BIAB cherry?

Hey Pommiebloke!
Glad to hear you enjoyed the beer :super: . Looking forward to trying an AG version of that recipe for sure! My first AG went well I ended up with 70% efficiency which was surprisingly good :lol:
Got it bubbling away can't wait to see how it turns out!

Canuck

hey canuck,
come on down to burligh brewing on the second friday of each month(except for feb)date moved to the next friday 21st,
to the goldclub,the goldcoast home brew club,where getting a few people now good way to learn more about all grain and taste some really good beers,
i am guessing you are canadian

Hey Kegs!
Ya I've been a member of the GOLDCLUB on fb for a number of months now I keep meaning to come to a meeting but they always end up on dates that don't work for me. But this Valentines Day one should be perfect. Looking forward to it I've met Nick already for some help and am excited to meet you all.

Pommie just took a sample taste of my Hella Easy APA and WHOOO BOY that tastes good! You were right moving to AG is like a new world can't wait to keg it crash it carb it and enjoy!

Canuck

Back