Biofine

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually put 30 mls into my 45 ltr batches/kegmenters. Works plenty

Sounds like I'd better go get some bigger syringes.. Thanks chaps

Batz Kolsch.

Kegged only 7 hours ago, 3 days in cold conditioning then racked to secondary will 10ml of Biofine. Continued to chill for 3 more days.

Used WPL029 which has a reputation of taking a long time to clear. This is clear as you could want already and drinking very nicely thank-you.

Love this stuff, but IMO racking is necessary

Batz
rsz_131.jpg

Batz Kolsch.

Kegged only 7 hours ago, 3 days in cold conditioning then racked to secondary will 10ml of Biofine. Continued to chill for 3 more days.

Used WPL029 which has a reputation of taking a long time to clear. This is clear as you could want already and drinking very nicely thank-you.

Love this stuff, but IMO racking is necessary

BatzView attachment 110498 .

Oh! Give it a rest Batz. :p
We've seen multiple pics of your Biofined beer but must agree with you that racking to secondary is best.
Looking forward to seeing a pic of your latest Biofined Wheatie.

PS --- WHEN! Oh when are we going to get our old Smileys back & give this latest Yankee rubbish the shove?

Oh! Give it a rest Batz. :p
We've seen multiple pics of your Biofined beer but must agree with you that racking to secondary is best.
Looking forward to seeing a pic of your latest Biofined Wheatie.

PS --- WHEN! Oh when are we going to get our old Smileys back & give this latest Yankee rubbish the shove?

Careful of what you say here Pete. I had a few words of criticism and I have been punished.

And sorry will not mention Biofine again. Seems I'm in more trouble than Mighty Mouse lately. :turning green:

24ml per keg for the two APAs I kegged up yesterday. I want it to be commercial-grade clear. 24ml because my syringe goes up to 12ml and I just bout a whole litre of it.

Where is the best priced HB store that I can get 1Lt of this Biofine you speak of?

got mine from hoppy days, a forum sponsor and nice fella.
Same here. Arrived last week, ahead of the delivery date, cheaper than anywhere else I could find, and all the way to W.A, where none of the other store options seem to carry it. Did a 15mL test into an Ale 5 days ago to get a feel for it, but haven't pour any off yet, tomorrow's the day.

got mine from hoppy days, a forum sponsor and nice fella.
Got mine from Hoppy Days too. I used 10ml in my first keg and it was still pretty hazy. 30ml in the next and theyre crystal clear. I might try 20ml in the next one and see the difference.

Quick question; Do you guys use biofine in yeast forward beers such as Saisons and Hefes or will that drop out all of the desired flavours?

What about New England IPA’s that are supposed to be cloudy?

I only use it in beers that I want to get really clear. Mostly lagers, kolsch's and bright ales. I don't make many saisons or hefes. You could use it in a saison, but I wouldn't use it in a hefe. Unless you were making a Krtistal, then it would be useful. If the IPA is meant to be cloudy I wouldn't use it

or will that drop out all of the desired flavours

No, because the flavour compounds in these beers are made by the yeast, it is not the yeast themselves that give the flavour.

I have just biofined a belgian blonde, the yeast has done it's work, now I want it gone!

Latest posts

Back