Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating using the link above.

Big W 20 litre pot

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by Tricky Dicky, 12/7/18.

1. Tricky Dicky

Posted 12/7/18
    Anyone know if the Big W 20 litre pot is suitable for partial grain brews or even all grain brewing?

2. Dozer71

Posted 12/7/18
    Yes. Many have started BIAB (brew in a bag) with a 20L pot. Can do 10L batches comfortably on a stove top.

3. brewgasm

Posted 12/7/18
    Absolutely, a great starting point. I use mine for partials and for biab, you can easily get 10l of wort into your fermentor with bugger all gear (stockpot, bag temperature probe and stirring spoon) and 3kg of grain gets me a big beer (upto 9%abv) if you want strike temps and volumes let me know it might help you

4. hoppy2B

Home Page:
    Posted 13/7/18
    The thread says 20 litre pot, but I think we are talking about the 19 litre pot for $20 from Big W. Speaking from experience, even with the curved space under the lid it would be lucky to be 19 litres. It is big enough though, and the best value you will find anywhere for a stainless pot. Get one! :D

5. Fro-Daddy

Draftsperson
    Posted 13/7/18
    I started with one, worked well for extract and partials. Think I filled it up to about 15L (including goo) which was about the limit to avoid boiling over.

6. gaijin

Posted 14/7/18
    I've got a 70L stainless which I use for the boil, however I've got 2 of the 19L BigW pots which I use to heat up the strike water on the stove. I've found myself replacing gas bottles way less and it's also a way cheaper way (gas v electricity) to heat up your strike and sparge water.