Big W 20 litre pot

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely, a great starting point. I use mine for partials and for biab, you can easily get 10l of wort into your fermentor with bugger all gear (stockpot, bag temperature probe and stirring spoon) and 3kg of grain gets me a big beer (upto 9%abv) if you want strike temps and volumes let me know it might help you

The thread says 20 litre pot, but I think we are talking about the 19 litre pot for $20 from Big W. Speaking from experience, even with the curved space under the lid it would be lucky to be 19 litres. It is big enough though, and the best value you will find anywhere for a stainless pot. Get one! :D

I started with one, worked well for extract and partials. Think I filled it up to about 15L (including goo) which was about the limit to avoid boiling over.

I've got a 70L stainless which I use for the boil, however I've got 2 of the 19L BigW pots which I use to heat up the strike water on the stove. I've found myself replacing gas bottles way less and it's also a way cheaper way (gas v electricity) to heat up your strike and sparge water.

Latest posts

Back