Biblical Scale Disaster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chatted with him on tuesday night, he said he was fine and safe.

cheers matho

Incider

he said he got out, i dont know what that meant but he was on a windows pc so he probably wasnt at home.

Sure have Mike - the floaties are from a local lad no doubt! Funny buggers these queenslanders.

My mate has a fridge to help out one of the brewers who needs one (because of the flood, not CCing!) and can lend a hand with the clean up.

S.

Has anyone heard from Ducatiboy Stu? It's been a while since he posted.

he was last seen at around 18:30 in the chat..... he was fine from what i could gather

edit, pays to refresh once in a while. pretty sure he was staying with family, unable to get home

Those in affected areas won't be on facebook or ahb, unless by mobile, but if anyone is contact with them I have some fridge space available for important stuff like beer, even food in a pinch ;) :) although we have some coming from affected areas already.
PM me with contact details or for contact details and I will do what I can.

We lost all the food in our fridge and freezer recently due to a safety switch tripping while we were on holiday (The circuit with the beer fridges didn't trip :)...). This is the first time this has seemed like a positive, because we have space for those who've lost power to store food...

I have power and fridge space also for any Ipswich people that need it. Sorry to the Brisbane blokes, but the Ipswich motorway is cut in multiple places so nothing in or out unless you can get through the Southside near Springfield.

Has anyone heard from Ducatiboy Stu? It's been a while since he posted.

I am fine, I got out of my place before the river came up on Monday, but its going to be a few more days untill I can get to the house, would have had about 4m of water at my front gate, but the house will be safe.

Lower Clarence coped it fairly hard. Yamba will be isolated for a week and the Highway will be cut as well

Staying with my GF in Coffs :D

Watch the Suncorp share price plummet.....and to add insult to injury, their Milton office caught fire...in a flood. Poor buggers.

I can tell you the actuary that rated this additional cover to the product has left his employment with Suncorp....it's been an VERY expensive 'buy' of new business.

As has been mentioned before, most insurers won't cover flood. It's not going to make you money - it's not all about love in financial services. :eek:

I'd insure with them if I live in a flood zone. Let's hope a lots of T-Bar & Bissy residents have this cover on their big assets.

"Flood Cover now included with Queensland's leading insurerCall 13 11 55
or visit us in a branch
Only Suncorp Home and Contents Insurance now gives you automatic cover for flood damage in addition to cover for a comprehensive range of other events caused by water. This includes:

Storms and flash flooding
Rising rivers, canals, creeks and dams
Rainwater run-off and pooling over normally dry land
Tsunamis
Flooding from dishwashers, hot water systems, and burst pipes
Storm and flood damage to gates and fences
Gutters overflowing and more."

We were speaking about beer and HB product marketing a few days ago, the is is exactly the same from Suncorp/GIO.

The points abover that I have highlighted/put in red would have been ALREADY covered BEFORE they added flood cover to thier policies.

As I said earlier, flood has a very specific definition in insurance policies.

I dont know but I wonder how expensive this is? I know of someone who had their renewal for their house go up by over double because of the added flood cover. And they werent even in a flood zone. They asked for the flood cover to be removed and GIO wouldnt do it.

Oh, and GIO/Suncorp have pulled out of the farm insurance market in the last 12 months. This probably has just cemented that decision.... Their exposure may not be as bad due to this. Although in inner city brisbane they might get hit hard.

Flood waters have receded enough now that I can go down the street and check out my sisters place that went under and start cleaning it up. I'll post some pics later. Also waiting to hear from Daemon. I'm going to try and get some brews down too, so he will have something to drink in the weeks ahead.

cheers

Browndog

Flood waters have receded enough now that I can go down the street and check out my sisters place that went under and start cleaning it up. I'll post some pics later. Also waiting to hear from Daemon. I'm going to try and get some brews down too, so he will have something to drink in the weeks ahead.

cheers

Browndog
I was thinking similarly Browndog,

Perhaps I'll brew something up for flood affected people/brewers tomorrow if I don't go to work (RBWH) or out helping with cleanup somewhere else.

....Might stick with Pales, Blondes and IPAs...no Brown Ales :unsure:.

Hopefully I'll have some rhizomes for Daemon next year too...(he's pretty keen on his hops :p )

PB

Browndog I have a petrol driven gernie/pressure washer if you need it for the clean up of your sisters place. Might be a little difficult to get it to you now but maybe by the weekend as the roads open up? Give me a call as I am more than happy to pitch in where I can.

Has anyone heard from Daemon? I'm not a god fearing man but I did have a prayer him and his family last night.

I would be keen to organise a pose to help Daemon with his clean up and fixups. Would need a few brewers with utes to help get some gear over to his place though.

If needed Tim can have "Sherman", my keg fridge and fermentation fridge to brew his wonderful brews on. If not I will be putting "Sherman" and the other gear up for sale and all the proceeds will go to the flood appeal.

Cheers

Chap Chap

Got a message from Daemon 6:30pm last night. Was a reply to my PM with my contact numbers and offer for help cleaning up.

His response: "Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know how things go as the water subsides. "

He has family in other parts of Ipswich, so I think they are safe and dry.

Got a message from Daemon 6:30pm last night. Was a reply to my PM with my contact numbers and offer for help cleaning up.

His response: "Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know how things go as the water subsides. "

He has family in other parts of Ipswich, so I think they are safe and dry.

Good to hear Bonj. Let him know if you can that we are all thinking of him. PM me with his number please I have somehow lost it out of my phone.

Cheers

Chap Chap

Anyone we know of in Brissy that might need help... just thinking that some of us may not be able to get out to Ipswich to help out... what with blocked roads etc.

Keen to help out with a clean up, but don't know where.

Anyone we know of in Brissy that might need help... just thinking that some of us may not be able to get out to Ipswich to help out... what with blocked roads etc.

Yup ... don't be shy (we'll bring beer :chug: ... apart from InCider of course - his body's a temple apparently.)

Yup ... don't be shy (we'll bring beer :chug: ... apart from InCider of course - his body's a temple apparently.)

+1 I should be available to help most of this weekend to anyone I can reach from Coorparoo

Latest posts

Back