Biblical Scale Disaster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are now talking of sending in army demolitions with explosives to sink the moggil ferry and a couple of party barges.

They are now talking of sending in army demolitions with explosives to sink the moggil ferry and a couple of party barges.

Surprised "The Island" party barge didn't sink long ago under its own weight of alcopops and pissed chix leaning over the side to chunder

:rolleyes:

Hot off the press the 4X Brewery at Milton has gone under. No truth to the rumour that they will be canning the flood water as it is better than the beer.

Tomorrow is looking even worse good luck to all.

No! not The Island!!! Where will the bogans party?

I'm not sure exactly what is now left of "Oxleys" (whatever it was last called) floating restaurant - I'm sure I saw big chunks of it heading toward toward the Bay. When I left work the water was creeping up toward Toowong village, lots of blocks of units getting isolated around Wesley hospital and the Regetta, heaps people walking around dazed and the smell of swampy water everywhere.
Even the Regetta city-cat pontoon was mostly submerged and looked bent out of shape.
Scary stuff, keep out of the water - its really moving quickly close to the river.

Well got cut off from home after Boxing day and spent five days waiting to get home here in Miles, town is now cut off again. The main highway here was part of the route north while the Bruce highway has been cut and had never seen so many trucks passing through town. Flood water now up again at Chinchilla and Dalby and in between, Condamine has been evacuated again after just cleaning up. Highway is quiet with nothing going trough and has been that way for three days. At least 50 trucks in town with nowhere to go but wait till roads open again. Can't buy milk in town, Local bakery is still operating while they have what they need. Raining again.

Gavo

No! not The Island!!! Where will the bogans party?

I'm not sure exactly what is now left of "Oxleys" (whatever it was last called) floating restaurant - I'm sure I saw big chunks of it heading toward toward the Bay.

I heard a report it smashed into the go-between bridge but not sure on that one.

Browndog and all the Brissy and Western suburbs brewers ... take care .. as I moved from Ipswich to WA only a month ago .. my prayers are def with you and I 100% back Paul Pisale and his promise to use looters as flood markers!!!! Take care

Hot off the press the 4X Brewery at Milton has gone under. No truth to the rumour that they will be canning the flood water as it is better than the beer.

I thought it was a rumour that 4X contained beer!

New future label perhaps? "Naturally Flood Conditioned"

Nah it works, we've been watching people on bikes ride past and potions float down the river on that one.

Just saw footage of an empty (it was floating, so must have been empty) keg floating down the river...

Was it floated legally?

Cheers

Paul
It was unaccompanied, so unless you're going to charge Mother Nature (and she has much more serious charges to face in that case), I guess it is legal...

Ok Guys lets back to the topic...my son in laws Grandma lost her house in toowoomba.luckily she's in melbourne..

This shit just got real... :blink:

Friend of mine runs this establishment
IMG_0543.JPG

ARGON everything is in glass,damaged boxes only unless LOOTERS get in there..i know its a workplace for a mate.

ARGON everything is in glass,damaged boxes only unless LOOTERS get in there..i know its a workplace for a mate.

I don't think he was being heavy DU99.

Thoughts go out to the brewers in crisis areas!

Latest posts

Back