Biblical Scale Disaster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Worst disaster in a century, over 70 feared dead.

It's bloody awful, wall of water on the Way to Brisbane tomorrow and it's coming from the other direction, not from the direction of the Wivenhoe Dam which could have controlled it. This is just what fell yesterday, and it's hammering down again today. Bribie Island cut off again this morning but we are fortunate because the rain just drains straight into the sea.

rainfall.JPG

Thoughts go out to members in Toowoomba : RdeVjun, Deamon and others and hope Ipswich etc members in the path of the "tsunami" will be ok over the next day or so. :(

thoughts going out to people in our northern states. My wifes family are from up your way, luckily still dry currently...

Good luck guys

Fires, floods, locusts... biblical is the right word alright.

Bloody terrible whats happening currently in QLD.

Yeah and over here in Perth we had the driest summer. Cant even buy a drop of rain over here!

Mark, are you in a safe part of Brissy?

Yeah I am, my property is well above 100 year levels. I checked before I bought it. But there is a small canal that runs through the suburb that's been flooded, but that floods every year and blocks off a road. Been a bit of flooding around work but nothing too bad.

MAYOR OF IPSWICH - PEAK EXPECTED AT 19M !!! IF YOU WERE EFFECTED IN 1974 .. HIS WORDS "GET OUT NOW" .. WE HAVE 12 HRS .. I REPEAT TRANSMITTOR IS DOWN FOR THAT ARA - THEY ARE RELYING ON THE MEDIA TO GET THIS WORD OUT ..

IF YOU ARE IN OR AROUND IPSWICH AND WERE AFFECTED IN 1974 ** GET OUT NOW ** THIS IS NOT A JOKE !

We have been flooding on and off for about a month now, just about had enough but the problem is it's just beginning. :eek:

These events might shake the economy up a little.

MAYOR OF IPSWICH - PEAK EXPECTED AT 19M !!! IF YOU WERE EFFECTED IN 1974 .. HIS WORDS "GET OUT NOW" .. WE HAVE 12 HRS .. I REPEAT TRANSMITTOR IS DOWN FOR THAT ARA - THEY ARE RELYING ON THE MEDIA TO GET THIS WORD OUT ..

IF YOU ARE IN OR AROUND IPSWICH AND WERE AFFECTED IN 1974 ** GET OUT NOW ** THIS IS NOT A JOKE !

Fark that doesn't sound good.

I just got sent home from work as all main roads around Ipswich are in danger of being cut. Took me an hour to get home on a drive which usually takes me ten minutes. This was due to how hard the rain is coming down and the amount of people on the roads also going home while they can.

This is madness :unsure:

I got sent home from the base too, had to drive through water up to 1ft deep on the roads to get home but made it safely. If the river gets to the same level as the 74 floods, I will still be OK as it came 1/2 way up the hill I live on. Terrible terrible news about the people of Toowomba and Lockyer valley

-Browndog

Currently there's a "conveyor belt" of rain just streaming in off the Ocean and targetted on the CBD and Ipswich - what have you people been doing to annoy the Weather Gods? I told you guys to keep sacrificing those goats, but no you just had to listen to Chappo :rolleyes: . Looks like it's going to go on until late today.

rainfall2.JPG

My thoughts are with you guys over there. I hope everyone stays safe.
John.

Just spoke to my mum and kholo creek is expected to close Mt Crosby Rd and the Mt Crosby weir is already closed. Thats going to isolate a LOT of people up that way. Wivenhoe dam is at 200% capacity and going by the radar its about to cop a whole lot more in the next couple of hours. Good luck to anyone out there!

We moved house over the last two days. Truck got bogged at out place and had to be pulled out, then they could drive over a floodway and we couldn't. Had to stay a night then edge through about 30cm water. Tried to get out the regular way Yesterday, but roads cut off, had to take the 4 hour trek through Crows Nest and Toowoomba. Rain was torrential, fog heavy, pot holes everywhere... Apparently we went through Toowoomba about 30 mins before the shit hit the fan. Bloody lucky seeing as we were gonna stop for some food and thought better of it........

Thoughts to all those affected, hoping everyone and their families get through what's coming now....

Cheers

Stay safe brewing brothers and sisters. Thoughts out to you all, hoping everyone fairs well.

40mm in the last 20mins here in Yandina, and it's just now started to get REALLY heavy. Thank God I'm on a hill!

My and my family's thoughts and prayers are with those worse off than ourselves.

Just packing up all the valuables now. We are on Moggill Ck which is on the flood map just released this morning. Coming down in buckets atm. Moggill Ck is just below the top of the banks and we haven't even received the flood waters from the north west yet :eek: . We are lucky that we have a second storey to move everything to, but our neighbours have no such luxury.

Just hope my brand new bar and kegging system, along with three fridges survives all this :(

Cheers - Snow

Latest posts

Back