Biblical Scale Disaster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, bridge is open again so we're not cut off any longer, hwy still cut. Soon as it's free and we can get to Ipswich I will be available to join the Posse. Keep me posted!

Screwy

Good to hear Bonj. Let him know if you can that we are all thinking of him. PM me with his number please I have somehow lost it out of my phone.

Cheers

Chap Chap
Unfortunately, I don't have Tim's numbers in my phone. Hence I sent him mine. I'm also monitoring UHF CB channel 13 if anyone's in range, but I only have 1/2 watt transmitter, so the range is limited.

Unfortunately, I don't have Tim's numbers in my phone. Hence I sent him mine. I'm also monitoring UHF CB channel 13 if anyone's in range, but I only have 1/2 watt transmitter, so the range is limited.

Bugger! :(

It was worth a shot.

Chap Chap

Im going to be in Brisbane probably from about Sunday/Monday to help the clean up at the inlaws place, not sure how much free time I will get to assist others but happy to assist where I can.

My inlaws are in Chelmer so will be in that area. Please PM me for my phone number and will do anything I can to help.

Jesse

At least it hasn't turned out as bad as it is in Brazil.

At least 250 dead according to the BBC

Ok, bridge is open again so we're not cut off any longer, hwy still cut. Soon as it's free and we can get to Ipswich I will be available to join the Posse. Keep me posted!

Screwy

If Screwy can collect me I'm happy to lend a hand as well.
With two busted discs I won't be able to do too much of the heavy stuff but I've always been pretty good at supervising. :D
All jokes aside, there must be plenty I can still do to help. Digged in in "74 so no reason why I can't in '11.

TP

If Screwy can collect me I'm happy to lend a hand as well.
With two busted discs I won't be able to do too much of the heavy stuff but I've always been pretty good at supervising. :D
All jokes aside, there must be plenty I can still do to help. Digged in in "74 so no reason why I can't in '11.

TP

Got the same problem here TP, two disks and a buggered neck, but I spent today getting a petrol powered pump (domestic supply) going and have another (2" firefighter) to fix this arvo, then it's load'em up and get 'em down there. So while I can't do the heavy stuff I can do the fiddly stuff. ;)

I should be available this weekend to help with the clean up if needed I'll see if I can organise some thing with Screwtop

I've got a 4X4 with room for 5 (3 spare seats if InCider is onboard) to leave from Sunny Coast ... when we know where we're going.

Browndog I have a petrol driven gernie/pressure washer if you need it for the clean up of your sisters place. Might be a little difficult to get it to you now but maybe by the weekend as the roads open up? Give me a call as I am more than happy to pitch in where I can.

Has anyone heard from Daemon? I'm not a god fearing man but I did have a prayer him and his family last night.

I would be keen to organise a pose to help Daemon with his clean up and fixups. Would need a few brewers with utes to help get some gear over to his place though.

If needed Tim can have "Sherman", my keg fridge and fermentation fridge to brew his wonderful brews on. If not I will be putting "Sherman" and the other gear up for sale and all the proceeds will go to the flood appeal.

Cheers

Chap Chap

Thanks for the offer mate, I'm all good though. My company rang me this morning and they are putting together teams to go aout and help affected employees so I can call on them if need be, might get them to help out getting everything to the tip. Well, I have to tell you folks, when I opened the place this morning the stink nearly knocked me over. The water had gone about two feet above the floor and left a high tide mark of detrius on the walls, the vynal had lifted and the masonite underneath buckled. There were lizards live and dead, spiders, giant centipedes and what I thought was a dead snake until I went to pick it up and it came back to life and went under the stove. Managed to get it out of the house alive though. All the time I was thinking this is an empty house and I felt deeply for the poor people whose homes have been inundated. Damage consists of hollow core doors falling apart, a built in wardrobe that will have to be demolished, bathroom vanity and the kitchen is pretty well stuffed too. The gas bottles for the hot water did their best to float away and have mangled the gas lines in the process and the hot water heater will be stuffed. My biggest concern right now is food, I really hope the suppy lines open quickly. I've heard stories of small shop owners selling bread for $10 a loaf and $45 for a pack of ciggies but i would prefer to think that is crap. The One Mile bridge that I took the pics I posted the other day is still closed although the water has dropped well below it. It went 12ft under and engineers think has lifted and moved a bit. That is a worry, it is a massive bridge. Here is another pic of it, the water went 4m over the road.

11012011_002_.jpg

cheers

Browndog

Shit Tony, not good at all.

I'm back in Brissy now so can lend a hand if needed. I'm out at Camp Hill and don't start work until next month.

Let me know.

Still waiting to hear if I'm required at work Sat and Sun (At Biggera Waters) so the weekend is in limbo, but in any case I'll be available Monday onwards for a posse, as it's going to be more than a one day effort by the looks (insert emoticon for girding loins etc).

Shit Tony, not good at all.

I'm back in Brissy now so can lend a hand if needed. I'm out at Camp Hill and don't start work until next month.

Let me know.

Thanks for the offer Nick but it's all good, It's my intention to get the house cleaned up by this evening and be brewing up a storm tomorrow (not that kind of storm)

cheers

Browndog

No worries, offer extends to anyone else who needs a hand as well, just give me a yell.

Cheers

Fark! I don't do snakes and I too can't lift (2 discs in my back gone as well - seems to be common here lol) but my Woolies is open and stocked so can do a food run if required, I am at Greenbank area with 2 four wheel drives.

Looks like there are quite a few serious offers for help for poor old Daemon, so I don't feel so bad saying that I'm not available Sunday through Wednesday. Give me a yell though, because I'm available until then.

Let me know if there's a clean-up happening as well.
Good luck Daemon!

Thanks for the offer mate, I'm all good though. My company rang me this morning and they are putting together teams to go aout and help affected employees so I can call on them if need be, might get them to help out getting everything to the tip. Well, I have to tell you folks, when I opened the place this morning the stink nearly knocked me over. The water had gone about two feet above the floor and left a high tide mark of detrius on the walls, the vynal had lifted and the masonite underneath buckled. There were lizards live and dead, spiders, giant centipedes and what I thought was a dead snake until I went to pick it up and it came back to life and went under the stove. Managed to get it out of the house alive though. All the time I was thinking this is an empty house and I felt deeply for the poor people whose homes have been inundated. Damage consists of hollow core doors falling apart, a built in wardrobe that will have to be demolished, bathroom vanity and the kitchen is pretty well stuffed too. The gas bottles for the hot water did their best to float away and have mangled the gas lines in the process and the hot water heater will be stuffed. My biggest concern right now is food, I really hope the suppy lines open quickly. I've heard stories of small shop owners selling bread for $10 a loaf and $45 for a pack of ciggies but i would prefer to think that is crap. The One Mile bridge that I took the pics I posted the other day is still closed although the water has dropped well below it. It went 12ft under and engineers think has lifted and moved a bit. That is a worry, it is a massive bridge. Here is another pic of it, the water went 4m over the road.

View attachment 43277

cheers

Browndog

Browndog me heart goes out to ya me olde mate. I am a qualified carpenter and builder with a shed load of tools sitting idle waiting for the invitation. Just need a ute or 2 to get all me gear there. Seriously, just yell out if want a hand. I know you must be keen to get it sorted. Hanging doors etc is a piece of piss for me. Me backs good un strong, brains are a bit farked but on the whole I am ready to work.

Stay safe mate and inspect everything before you start and work.

Ok, looks like Bruce and I will come from Gympie and meet up with the Sunny Coast boys along the way. Can someone pick up the organisation and liase with Daemon re times and what is required besides manpower.

Screwy

The AHB Flood Relief Fund organised by Dane is well under way......................who said homebrewers are a bunch of tightarses :lol:

Well I've been called in to work tonight, to be put to work with the start of the govenment clean up effort. I'm sure i'll see some of the worst of the affected areas. Good luck to all others who are headed out to do similar, remember to stay safe and look out for your mates.

Cheers,

TS

Latest posts

Back