Biblical Scale Disaster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edit: BD if your herms suffers damage you are welcome to loan of Urnest (the Birko twin) and a bag and I'll come round to guide you gently :) - but I'm hoping that won't be necessary - let's know how you get on buddy.

Could be a good excuse to upgrade from HERMS to BIAB! :)

Stay safe everybody! Look after yourselves and your family, stuff can always be replaced.

Could be a good excuse to upgrade from HERMS to BIAB! :)

Stay safe everybody! Look after yourselves and your family, stuff can always be replaced.

definitely, then I could take Bribie on in the BABBs championships and beat him on his own terms ;)

Offer is still open

:p

Rain has stopped but the wall of water descending on Ipswich and Brisbane doesn't care. :(

Offer is still open

:p

Rain has stopped but the wall of water descending on Ipswich and Brisbane doesn't care. :(

Seems to be rising at 1ft an hour Bribie, they are quoted at saying it will peak at 22m and at present it is 21.2m, 4m over the bridge at the one mile bridge near my place. I'd love to know where they base their mesurements from.

Looks like you have a good spot to watch it rising, Tony. let us know if you can, when it's getting close. I'm on first watch tonight.

Yes, I have been watching those. Just can't see much from my place. Am periodically checking the road. At the first sign of water, we'll be out. Sucks to be happening at night. During the day, we'd be seeing footage from news choppers as it rises.

Yes, I have been watching those. Just can't see much from my place. Am periodically checking the road. At the first sign of water, we'll be out. Sucks to be happening at night. During the day, we'd be seeing footage from news choppers as it rises.

Well, at the moment, I reckon it is still 10m under my driveway level Ben.

If you look at the graph, it seems to be not far of peaking mate.

That's nice to hear. I reckon I'm at around the same elevation as you, from looking at the very low resolution topographic contour lines on the opencyclemap: http://www.opencyclemap.org/

I'm liking this trend.

IDQ65389.040873.png

I'm liking this trend.

http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDQ65389/IDQ65389.040873.png[/url][/quote]

Yes, it is strange because from the descriptions, I thought it wa going to be way higher than this.

Yes, it is strange because from the descriptions, I thought it wa going to be way higher than this.
Tonight's peak is being predicted between 17 and 19 metres, with 22 metres following tomorrow. I want to see that Bremer River - One Mile start falling too.

Tonight's peak is being predicted between 17 and 19 metres, with 22 metres following tomorrow. I want to see that Bremer River - One Mile start falling too.

Isn't the Bremer nearly at 22m now?

Oh who knows? 22m above what, anyway? It's all a bit arbitrary if we don't know what we're measuring against. That's why I like your post about where the water was in relation to you... something I can picture and understand.

Oh who knows? 22m above what, anyway? It's all a bit arbitrary if we don't know what we're measuring against. That's why I like your post about where the water was in relation to you... something I can picture and understand.

Yeah, it is confusing, anyways, the water level has not changed much in the last two hrs, it is keeping pace with that graph.

I was trying to sleep last night and there was a frog out the front of our house that must have been competing on a game show or something. I even resorted to ear plugs but I could still hear the bugger loud and clear.

Yeah, it is confusing, anyways, the water level has not changed much in the last two hrs, it is keeping pace with that graph.
Good to hear.

I was trying to sleep last night and there was a frog out the front of our house that must have been competing on a game show or something. I even resorted to ear plugs but I could still hear the bugger loud and clear.
Must be trying to talk the the frogs at my place... they're definitely trying to answer!

Might be time for a shift change here.

Hope to talk to you soon.

Good to hear.

Must be trying to talk the the frogs at my place... they're definitely trying to answer!

Might be time for a shift change here.

Hope to talk to you soon.

Yeah, I'm off to bed too.

I thought I saw some rain when I was in Queensland 2 Januarys ago. This is insane.

Wouldn't it be nice if all that water was in WA to put the bushfires out.

As everyone else said, stay safe.

Latest posts

Back