Biabgs Brew In A Bloody Great Sheet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
205397.jpg

You did sewing classes at school?! No wonder there's no real men in younger generations :p

Depends what you class as REAL men... unfortunately i had no choice in the matter, it was pre electives, this was 15 years ago mind you

Just had a Brilliant Idea,

What If I use an urn to heat my strike water.
then cut out a SQUARE piece of Swiss Voile... A SQUARE ONE!!!.... ******* BRILLIANT!!!
then used that in my esky.
mashed on top of that, hoist the bag, then drain it into a THIRD VESSEL
Boil that, then chill it onto a no-chill cube (also revolutionary)
let the trub settle, then tip that into a fermenter made from a plastic bucket.
then used another bucket to transfer to secondary.
Cold chilled
then bulk primed in another bucket, filtered, and let it naturally carb up in bottles.
then gently transferred them to a keg.
then from the keg, into a randall and then into a glass.

3V, BIAB, Chilled No-Chill, gravity filtered wort, bucket of life, cold filtered, naturally bottle conditioned, Randalled draught beer!

or

3VBIABCNCGFWBOLCFNBCRDB for short!

Iv'e just invented a WHOLE NEW WAY OF BREWING!!

3VBIABCNCGFWBOLCFNBCRDB is my invention, keep your filthy hands off!!

BF

Too many vessels man. I like to BIAB in a conical which also acts as a serving tank. Single vessel. Truly. I even drink from the tap so that a glass can't be counted as a vessel.

^^ Revolutionary Tek B)

Simple brewing processes are so blas, and beer taste better when you complicate things for yourself.

beer taste better when you complicate things for yourself.

Not for yourself, for others.
For one thing I've learnt from AHB is that the way YOU do things is WRONG, and the way someone else tells YOU to do things is RIGHT and will always be RIGHT, until YOU do them and then they will be WRONG.

For one thing I've learnt from AHB is that the way YOU do things is WRONG, and the way someone else tells YOU to do things is RIGHT and will always be RIGHT, until YOU do them and then they will be WRONG.

Which is why questions need to be asked at EVERY STEP. The best brewers are the ones who average 130 posts per batch.

What was this thread about ? Oh yes, BribieG, hows the BIATCHE holding up ? Has the seam gone in the drink yet ? I might try this on the weekend for giggles.

Got my el-cheapo sleeping bag the other day, to put over my urn while mashing. So now I Brew In A Bag In An Urn In A Bag - BIABIAUIAB.The process has come full circle.

Yeah, but how's the airlock activity?

He uses gladwrap, another revolutionary idea

See what you did there?

COMPLETELY WRONG!!,
use the search feature and don't be lazy, use a campden tablet, make sure that you ditch the yeast under the lid and use a quality yeast like safale-US05 and also your airlock doesn't need to bubble and ferment at 19c and make sure your hydrometer reading is stable for 3 days and bulk priming is easier and yeast in the bottom is ok, no your beer's not ruined, yes it's called Krausen, RAHAHB, chill it in he sink, SWMBO, Flthy BIAB'ers, Dirty No-chillers, it stands for Brew In A Bag and BribieG invented it along with the muppets, the young and the restless and the wheel, chickens don't have eyebrows and throw away your can opener, Apples, pears, peaches, plums, put them in your face and not in your bum. There is no Spoon, it's YOU'RE not YOUR, Darren is a troll, have I ruined my beer?

Hope that helps someone that might some day, in the future read this thread and realise how brilliant I am at brewing cos I know all this shit.
One day, your post count will be bigger than mine, and therefore you'll be the better brewer.

BeerFingers

I can see where this thread is going

...KNOT!

The thought of having to sew anything drove me to multi vessel siphon enabled manifold drained gravity brewing - MVSEMDGB

until then I was swinging my square of voile, e'f circles, I wanted a square :p I was even cheaper, I never got any string to tie up the 'bag'. Just wrung it tight and tied it on itself.

Grain sacks are water proof right?

Brew in a grain sack?

zero vessel brewing...

Back