Best thing you have ever won

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Melbourne Brewers Brit Ales Category 1.
Sorry...I'm claiming bragging rights, might be a while until I win another one

not a comp but a good story,

when I was a kid (about 12), my sister and I were walking our dogs out at marges lookout and we decided to climb down the cliff face and walk up mitchell's pass to home. Whilst we climbed down the cliff face we found a wallet with $40 in it, when we got home we turned the wallet over to the police. A couple of weeks later we got a knock on the door and it was the owner of the wallet, he lost his wallet when he fell off the lookout and broke both his legs, the look on his face when we told him we found his wallet while walking our dogs was a classic. Anyway he gave us 2 scratchies for returning his wallet, when we scratched them they both won $20, the exact amount in his wallet, it was a very good lesson in being honest.

cheers steve

I won employee of the year which was a trip to Vegas... swapped it for a trip to Vietnam and Cambodia so I could take the wife with me.

I went in a snapon yearly draw recently and one a 2nd prize fooseball table it's flash as worth 1000 bucks aparently.
Sav

matho said:
not a comp but a good story,

when I was a kid (about 12), my sister and I were walking our dogs out at marges lookout and we decided to climb down the cliff face and walk up mitchell's pass to home. Whilst we climbed down the cliff face we found a wallet with $40 in it, when we got home we turned the wallet over to the police. A couple of weeks later we got a knock on the door and it was the owner of the wallet, he lost his wallet when he fell off the lookout and broke both his legs, the look on his face when we told him we found his wallet while walking our dogs was a classic. Anyway he gave us 2 scratchies for returning his wallet, when we scratched them they both won $20, the exact amount in his wallet, it was a very good lesson in being honest.

cheers steve

Found a phone and rang a few numbers in it to find someone who knew the owner and would give my details. Got the address, posted it back and got a $200 cheque and a thankyou letter in the mail. Found a wallet with some cash in it and rang the video shop the owner was a member of. Bloke came round to pick it up and gave me a nice bottle of red.

Winning wise - Xmas lotto here, some categories in Vicbrew, a dinner for two through 3RRR and the hearts and minds of the population of a small village in Luxembourg.

Browndog wins though.

I wrote a letter to the paper years ago and some company tracked me down through Facebook and said they had included it in a highschool textbook and owed me $80. I never got shit from hassling talkback radio hosts.

In 1999 my wife secretly signed me up to go on a TV game show called All Star Squares.
At first I said I wouldn't do it but the kids were really keen.

I ended up winning 4 nights in a row. Based on the shows values I got just over $20000 in prize value.
some of the prizes were:
Business class flights to London and a motorhome for 7 days.
7 day holiday in Noosa.
Weekend trip to King island
Luggage
Kitchen cook top and range hood
Set of saucepans
Some other small bits and piece and some cash ($1000 I think)

The interesting thing about game shows is you don't get the prizes unless the show goes to air.

I was very lucky..the show was axed 2 days after my episodes aired.

The old lady, bless her and RIP, got me a lotto ticket once, a neat $2300

Was a povo drafting student living in Brunswick (before it got all funky) at the time.

Still remember running down to the bottle shop and getting a slab and a bottle of cougar on credit.. lol

Best thing I've won?

BABBs raffle when NickB didn't.

Oh, and that shiny lager trophy Bribie was talking about earlier.

Runner up in a colouring-in Competition to promote the release of Tron.
I won a free movie hire of, you guessed it, Tron.

Keg of Ferral hop hog, well 50% of it after I split it into cornies with a mate and turned the keg into a keggle.
Previous best prize would have to be the 1 kg tub of Boncrete in a community raffle...ohh yeah!

Latest posts

Back